Health Economics & Health Care Management
- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- local admission restriction
- directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in business administration or social economics with a focus on business administration, economics or social economics with an emphasis on economics, health economics, industrial engineering or a comparable course.
A comparable course includes basic training in the following subjects:
- Mathematics (at least 5 credit points).
- Statistics: descriptive statistics (at least 5 credit points) and inductive statistics (at least 5 credit points).
- Business administration: an in-depth introduction to management (at least 5 credit points), as well as internal accounting/costs and activity accounting (at least 5 credit points).
- Economics: microeconomics (at least 5 credit points).
Please enclose an overview of the modules (transcript of records) included in your degree with your application.
Anyone who completes the first professional university degree in the calendar year of the application and cannot yet have a diploma with the required grade can be further considered in the application process. Submit a current transcript of records, which shows the current average grade, and provide a certificate from the examination board or examination office to show that only exams are pending for the successful completion of the course, which are expected to take place by the end of the current semester (September 30th). The certificate of completion must be submitted immediately in the aforementioned cases. If the subsequent filing is not possible in time for the admission, conditional admission will be granted with the condition that you will submit the missing certificate by the end of the first semester. If there is no average grade on the transcript, please enclose a confirmation from the examination office with the current average grade. The current average grade is mandatory for the selection process. An average grade calculated by the applicants themselves cannot be accepted.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
Application Procedure & Selection
Please submit all documents as uncertified copies. For documents that were not issued in German or English, must also be translated by an officially sworn translator into German or English.
- Printed and signed online application.
- Graduation certificate from your university degree or preliminary transcript of records If you are still studying at the time of application and cannot present a graduation certificate with a grade, you must submit a current transcript of records with a preliminary average grade. The final certificate must be submitted by the end of the first master semester.
- Result of the TM-Wiso or TestAS.
- Informal written confirmation of existing language skills in English (see language requirements).
- For foreigners only: informal written confirmation of existing language skills in German.
- Only for applicants with a first degree at a university outside of Germany: an explanation of the domestic grading system (extracts/copies from the Internet or other sources of supply possible).
- A tabular CV, with a passport photo.
University of Hamburg
Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences
Study Office Social Economics
M.Sc. Health Economics & Health Care Management
D - 20146 Hamburg
For more information please check theCourse Website