History of Global Markets
- Both semesters
- Mode of admission:
- local admission restriction
- directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in the courses "Economic and social history", "Modern and recent history", "Economics", "Business administration", "Sociology" or "Political science" or in a technically closely related subject.
Minimum standard period of study: 6 semesters.
Required ECTS credits: 180.
Provisional access is granted to anyone who has not yet completed a course of study at the time of application, but who has acquired at least 150 credits in a relevant Bachelor's degree program or an equivalent degree program.
The prerequisite for the professional relevance of the preliminary study is proof of at least the following achievements:
- Achievements in economic and social history, modern and modern history, economics, business administration, sociology, or political science to the extent of at least 60 credits, including.
- Services in the areas of corporate history, history of industrialization, global history, consumer history, economic and social or general history of the 19th and 20th centuries, newer concepts and methods of historical science, history of economic thinking, organizational theory and management, institutional economics, evolutionary economics, foreign trade theory, development economics, economic policy, economic and growth theory, price and market theory, quantitative methods, economic sociology, migration sociology, cultural studies, political economy or globalization studies totaling at least 30 credit points, including at least 18 credit points from modules with a medium or high academic level.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Specification: At least B.
Specification: At least C.
Application & Admission
Login or Sign-up (for free) to:
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
The following documents must be enclosed with the application for authorization, which must be signed by hand:
- The applicant's diploma in the form of certified copies or certified German or English translations if the originals are not in English or German; if a certificate of completion is not yet available, a certificate (with a verification key or certificate from the issuing institution) must be submitted stating the work performed, the credits and the average grade.
- A tabular curriculum vitae in German or English with a meaningful description of the educational path.
- Proof of sufficient English and German language skills (see language requirements).
- A statement as to whether the applicant has successfully, unsuccessfully, or not yet completed a closely related master's degree.
- A written description in German or English, which shows the motivation of the applicant for the inclusion of this course or the research interest.
- Extracts from the module handbook or other documents that can be used to check the performance.
Applications that are not received in full, in due form, or on time are excluded from the further procedure. The submitted documents remain with the university.
If a student makes it believable that he or she is at a disadvantage compared to other applicants due to disability due to the selection process, a suitable disadvantage compensation must be granted by the selection committee upon request.
For more information please check theCourse Website