Human Biology - Principles of Health and Disease
- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- local admission restriction
- directly at University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in biology, human biology or a related subject (e.g. biomedical science, bioinformatics, chemistry, biochemistry, medicine, physics, biophysics).
Required ECTS credits: 180.
Your bachelor's curriculum should include a final research project (bachelor thesis) with a written thesis credited with at least 10 ECTS-credits. If your bachelor's program does not require a thesis, you are still eligible to apply if you have completed or will complete an equivalent course or internship. A course or an internship will be considered as equivalent if it concerns a long-term research project (of at least 8 weeks) combined with a written report according to good scientific writing standards. You will have to upload an official document, including project details and signed by your supervisor, to show proof of having done an equivalent course or internship.
A transcript of records from your bachelor's degree, indicating your grade point average. If you are currently a bachelor student, you should submit a transcript of records with an ECTS credits level of at least 120 ECTS credits and a preliminary grade point average.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
The following documents (in pdf format) are required for the online application:
- Curriculum vitae, indicating your name, academic background, work experience, etc. (max. 2 pages).
- Copies of your bachelor’s degree certificate and of your official transcript of records, including an explanation of the grading and credit system of your university. If the degree certificate is not yet available, you can submit a transcript of records indicating at least 120 ECTS credits. The documents must indicate a grade point average. If your studies are finished, confirmation of a successfully completed bachelor's thesis in the scope of at least 10 ECTS credits is needed. If your bachelor's thesis is not yet confirmed on your transcript of records, please provide a suitable proof (e.g. study regulation or a link to the proof). The university asks that you send translations of these documents if they are in languages other than German or English.
- Motivation essay of up to 600 words. Please note that the motivation statement must include the following points in detail:
- The reasons for your interest in the program and your qualifications for it.
- The reasons why you would like to study at (the Faculty of Biology of) the LMU.
- The reasons for your interest in particular research groups or areas.
- Proof of your proficiency in English (see language requirements).
You are encouraged to submit your application as soon as possible in order to avoid last-minute problems.
For more information please check theCourse Website