- Both semesters
- Mode of admission:
- local admission restriction
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor of Science in a Computer Science related program e.g., Computer Science, Software Engineering, Medieninformatik, "Computing and Business". Excellent students from other technical areas may be considered, but need to have completed around half of their classes in CS-related subjects. You should also have had some classes in HCI or related areas, such as psychology or human factors.
The subject-related courses of study in Human-Computer Interaction, media informatics and computer science, as well as other technical studies, are usually considered relevant HCI-related and IT components, basic knowledge in the areas of human-machine interaction, usability, perception, and cognition must also be demonstrated, usually through successful participation in corresponding courses of at least 6 credit points (CP).
You do need solid programming skills and some background knowledge in mathematics.
With at least a grade of "good". If the converted credit-weighted average grade of your Bachelor's degree is at least 2.0 in the German system, your chances of acceptance are very good.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
- Prerequisite for admission to the course is a Bachelor of Science degree with at least a grade of "good" in the courses Human-Computer Interaction (Human-Computer Interaction HCI) or media informatics or a first that is recognized as relevant by the responsible examination board Professionally qualifying university degree, a degree from a university of applied sciences or a state or state-recognized vocational academy.
- A prerequisite for admission to studies is proof of language skills in English at competence level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference (see language requirements).
- In addition, a motivation letter (in English) of approx. 2-4 pages (A4) must be enclosed with the study application. This letter of motivation should describe the specific motivation for the application for the HCI Master and give an overview of the previous university and professional/practical training course. These can be completed HCI-relevant projects and/or internships, student engagement.
For more information please check theCourse Website