Indology and Tibetology
- Both semesters
- Mode of admission:
- without admission restriction
- directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in "Sprachen und Kulturen des Indischen Subkontinents und Tibet" or a comparable degree in one of the following subjects: language and culture of the Indian subcontinent and Tibet (focus on language, literature, religion, philosophy or language, society), South Asian studies, Indology, Asian studies or an equivalent subject. Alternatively a first qualifying degree in a subject with a minimum of 50 credit points (ECTS) in courses or modules in South Asian Studies.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
Please submit uncertified copies of all documents. For documents not issued in German or English, a certified German or English translation is required.
- Printout of your online application.
- Degree certificate or provisional transcript of records: if you are still studying when you apply and cannot yet provide a final certificate containing your grades, please submit your current transcript of records confirming your provisional grade point average. You will then need to submit your degree certificate by the end of the first semester of your master’s program.
- Transcript(s) of records (same as ‘Academic Transcript’ or ‘Mark Sheet’). If the relevance for the selected profile of the area (or sub-area) in which you completed your first University degree is not evident from the certificate, please enclose further certification (e.g. Transcript of Records).
- Higher school certificate.
- Curriculum vitae.
- Letter of motivation.
- Certificate of proficiency in English (see language requirements).
- Required additional language certificates (paper copy).
For more information please check theCourse Website