Innovation, Business and Sustainability (MIBAS)
- Start Dates
- Winter Semester: October
- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- local admission restriction
- directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in socioeconomics, social sciences, economics and business administration, or law. Graduates from other degrees can be admitted if they can prove sufficient expertise in business administration.
Applicants must, at the time of the application, have achieved examination results amounting to:
- at least 15 ECTS altogether from at least 4 of the following areas: business administration at an undergraduate level, accounting, financing, investment, marketing, management, controlling, HR, organization, information systems, production, taxation, and
- at least 12 ECTS in research methods (quantitative methods and/or qualitative methods).
Students who have not yet received their bachelor's certificate can apply for a master's program at Universität Hamburg. Please hand in a confirmation from the examination office/the academic office, which states that you are able to finish your studies until the beginning of the master's program. However, final formal admission will only be granted, if the certificate is submitted by the end of the first semester (March 31st). As long as the certificate remains outstanding, students will only be enrolled provisionally.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Specification: At least 22 points per skill (Listening, Writing, Speaking, Reading).
Specification: At least 6.0 per skill.
Application & Admission
Login or Sign-up (for free) to:
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
Application Procedure & Selection
During the application process, you will be asked to upload the following documents in the online application form:
- Scan of the first degree certificate (if not yet available, a current transcript of records suffices).
- Transcript of records/official overview of grades including grade point average.
- Proof of background knowledge in business administration and research methods: e.g. your transcript proving at least 15 ECTS credits in business administration and 12 ECTS credits in research methods.
- For applicants holding a degree from a university outside of Germany: recognition of your foreign educational qualification.
Applicants with a first university degree from outside of Germany need to have their foreign education certificates recognized in order to apply to MIBAS at Universität Hamburg. Before applying to MIBAS, you need to apply for the recognition of your degree.
- A written justification of your choice of degree.
- Proof of English language skills (see language requirements).
- Curriculum vitae (CV), in English.
Please note the following recommendations for the document upload. This helps process your application.
- Please merge documents with several pages (e.g. your degree certificates) into one file.
- Documents have to be submitted in German or English. Please submit your original documents plus certified translations if the original documents are not issued in German or English.
- Please upload preferably PDF documents. Thus, it is ensured that your documents can be opened and displayed correctly.
- Only one file can be uploaded per upload category in the online application form.
- In case of technical problems regarding the documents, please contact: [email protected]
For more information please check theCourse Website