Integrated Design Research
- Start Dates
- Winter Semester: September
- Winter semester
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in design or a related design field.
Required ECTS credits: 180.
Work experience in the field of design is required.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Specification: At least 160.
Application & Admission
Login or Sign-up (for free) to:
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in September)
Application Procedure & Selection
€ 75 for the first application, € 30 for each additional
In order to apply, please register within the application period and upload your documents here: cams.th-koeln.de.
If you do not have German citizenship and/or do not hold a German undergraduate degree that is related to the Master degree Integrated Design Research, you additionally must apply to uni-assist. Make sure you apply to CaMS even if you haven’t heard back from uni-assist, sometimes the verification process takes longer than intended.
Your application documents must be submitted online and in English. Your portfolio, letter of Intent and letter of recommendation just need to be uploaded in CAMS – the application portal of TH Köln – and not in uni-assist.
- Portfolio: Choose projects and experiences that provide a good overview both of your fields of interest and your design/design-related experience and qualifications. Works can be academic, professional, or free projects. The uploaded PDF file cannot exceed 5MB.
- Letter of intent: The letter of intent is your reflection of the chosen Thematic Cluster. It should consist of 600-900 words, a maximum of five images and it should outline the direction you see for yourself and your studies. Relate to one of the Thematic Clusters and position yourself and your research interest among the range of perspectives, explaining your previous studies, work, projects and engagements. Write about what motivates you to apply or what led you to develop your specific interest.
- Curriculum vitae: Concisely list your educational and professional background. Include everything that qualifies you for an »Integrated Design Research« M.A. program.
- Letter of recommendation: Please send the university at least one letter of recommendation from an academic or professional institution or organization. Students who have graduated with a bachelor’s degree in »Integrated Design« at KISD, please submit a letter of recommendation signed by two KISD professors. Usually, they would be the supervisors of your BA thesis or your mentor.
- Proof of language sufficiency: see language requirements. Please note that all M.A. students should write a substantial research-based Final Thesis in English to complete the program. If you studied your bachelor's degree in English, you simply need to submit your transcript to prove that the courses were in English and write the university a letter stating that your studies were in English and submit it along with your other application documents. If you are a native speaker just write the university a letter or any other proof of native English proficiency and submit that along with your other application documents.
- Authenticated copies of certificates of previous study course(s): Include scans all of your degrees and certificates.
Please note the following: All documents should be adequately designed. The university does not define a style sheet for the presentation of your application, so this is your opportunity to give them an idea of your skills and competence in presenting specific interests regarding the program.
For more information please check theCourse Website