- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- local admission restriction
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in architecture design, architecture, interior design, product design, civil engineering, industrial engineering, or computer science, with a focus on construction, interior design, structural or facade planning, and/or design.
Minimum standard period of study: 6 semesters.
Required ECTS credits: 180.
Recommended: three-month subject-related internship (e.g. architecture, construction, interior design).
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
Application Procedure & Selection
€ 75 for the first application, € 30 for each addtional
To complete the application process, the university needs the following documents in department 1 - apart from the first step - exclusively in digital form with your application number to julia.george(at)th-owl.de:
- Completed application form (please use capital letters): Application form.
- Portfolio (max. 20 MB ) from previous studies or professional life as a PDF file.
- For external applicants: a certificate of the current average grade (if you are currently working on your thesis) or a certified copy of your bachelor's degree. If no certificate is available by the application deadline, it must be submitted immediately, at the latest after the motivational interviews.
- For internal applicants who do not yet have a bachelor's degree/the final grade by the application deadline: The average grade that you must state on the application form (application for admission, page 2) is entered centrally in your examination office and stamped, please go to your responsible PA. You do not need a printed transcript of records or any other proof. Your current/provisional final grade (without thesis) will then be entered there. At the end of the procedure, ask the examination office for the final grade again and change it if necessary for the final calculations.
If you have already completed your BA degree at TH OWL university, you know the final grade and you can state it yourself or prove it with a copy of your certificate.
- A one-page letter of motivation in PDF format.
- For the Master of Interior Design and Spatial Art (MIAR) , please also add "An explicitly formulated initial question", i.e. a definition of a point of view in the sense of a content-related question that makes it clear with which objective the master's program is started (single PDF file).
A pre-selection is made for all three master's programs using a combination of the overall grade of the first degree and the review of the portfolio. You will then be informed in writing whether you will be invited to a motivational interview.
Important: if you have already taken part in a motivational interview as part of one of the TH OWL master’s programs in the past and have not achieved enough points afterward, the points from the preliminary procedure (points portfolio + points average grade) remain. In this case, please enclose the result letter from the previous procedure with your application!.
For more information please check theCourse Website