University of Applied Sciences for Intercultural Theology (FIT) Hermannsburg
- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- local admission restriction
- directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in a relevant subject.
Minimum standard period of study: 6 semesters.
Required ECTS credits: 180.
The requirement of subject relevance of previous studies is fulfilled by evidence of achievement in aspects of theology, religious ethnology, social or cultural studies to the extent of at least 50 credits, of which at least 30 credits must have been obtained in theology, religious studies and religious Ethnology.
Any person is qualified for admission who has not yet completed his/her studies at the time of application if he/she has acquired at least 150 credits in a relevant bachelor's degree or an equivalent degreе.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Specification: At least B.
Specification: At least C.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
Application Procedure & Selection
The signed written application must be accompanied by:
- Certified copies, or, if the originals are not in English or German, certified German or English translations of the candidate’s diploma or degree certificate; if the certificate is not yet available, then a certificate is to be submitted, stating the achievements so far, the credits and the average grade.
- A tabular resume or curriculum vitae written in English, clearly giving details of education and accompanied by a photograph.
- Proof of adequate knowledge of the English language if an applicant's native language is not English (see language requirements).
- A statement on whether the candidate has successfully, unsuccessfully, or not yet completed a closely related Master's program.
- A three-page account in English giving the candidate’s motivation for being included in this course and his/her study objectives.
- Documents giving proof of study-relevant knowledge and experience in diaconal studies and theological cybernetics, church history, systematic theology, mission studies and ecumenism, intercultural theology, theory and hermeneutics, and/or practical, non-university achievement, e.g. in the diaconate, or in cultural and development work.
- Two confidential letters of recommendation from university faculty members or supervisors of volunteer or professional services, unless the candidate is prevented from providing these through no fault of his or her own.
Applications that are incomplete, not in the correct form. or which fail to meet the deadline, are excluded from further proceedings. Submitted documents remain at the universitу.
For more information please check theCourse Website