Master of Internatiοnal Аffairs
- Winter semester
- directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
- Registration Fee & Tuition Information:
- Tuition: 18,250 € per year. Students who submit their application by November 30th are eligible for the early bird offer and receive a tuition reduction of 2,000 € (can be combined with scholarships). It is encouraged for all students who want to be considered for a tuition waiver or scholarship to apply by the priority deadline of Fеbruarу 1st.
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent). Open to all academic backgrounds.
Minimum standard period of study: 6 semesters.
Required ECTS credits: 180.
If you do not yet have your undergraduate degree at the time of application, please indicate when you will receive it on the online application form. You must complete all of your undergraduate academic coursework and exams before September 1st in order to start your studies at the Hertie Schoοl.
Work experience is not required; however, relevant work experience (internships, project management, regular job positions, etc.) will be an asset to your applicatiοn.
GRE results are not required; however, it is encouraged for applicants to submit their results if they are taking the test anyway, as it helps to evaluate the candidates’ profilеs.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Specification: At least B.
Specification: Also 7.0 in writing.
Specification: Writing score: 25.
Specification: At least C.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
Application Procedure & Selection
Please upload the following required supporting documents to the online application portal:
- Your current CV indicating your academic background, work experience, and voluntary activities. Please do not include a photo on your CV.
- A letter of motivation explaining your specific interest in the study program and how it relates to your professional aspirations. Your letter should be 500-900 words.
- Copies of official academic transcripts of all attended universities. Every transcript must include a transcript key (an explanation of the grading system). If not in English, a certified translation into English is required. Hard copies are not required until after acceptance into the program.
- A copy of an English proficiency certificate (for non-native speakers). For more detailed information about which tests and minimum scores are accepted, see the language requirements. Please note that English test results can be provided after you submit your application to the Hertie School. You must send the certificate to the admissions team via e-mail at grad-admissions[at]hertie-school[dot]org. The deadline to submit the English test results is June 1st.
- Regarding the letters of reference:
- Current students and applicants who graduated from their most recent degree in 2023, 2022, or 2021 require two academic letters of reference to complete their application.
- Applicants who were awarded their most recent degree in 2020 or 2019 require two letters of reference but can provide one professional letter in place of an academic one, to complete their application.
- Applicants who were awarded their most recent degree before 2019 require two letters of reference to complete their application. If no academic references are available, two professional letters of reference may be supplied.
All documents, including letters of reference, must be submitted in .pdf format.
Once you have submitted your application, your referee will receive a link via email requesting them to upload a letter of reference on your behalf. You will receive a confirmation email once your letter has been uploaded.
Please keep in mind that:
- academic references are preferred,
- only the referees’ institutional email addresses will be accepted for academic letters of reference,
- you must remind your referees if you have not received the confirmatiοn еmail.
For more information please check theCourse Website