Master of International Affairs
- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- local admission restriction
- directly at University
- Study mode:
- On campus
- Registration Fee & Tuition Information:
- Tuition: 17,250 € per year.
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent). Open to all academic backgrounds.
Minimum standard period of study: 6 semesters.
If you do not yet have your undergraduate degree at the time of application, please indicate when you will receive it on the online application form. You must complete all of your undergraduate academic course work and exams before September 1st in order to matriculate.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Specification: At least B.
Specification: Also 7.0 in writing.
Specification: At least C.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
Please upload the following required supporting documents to the online application portal:
- Your current CV indicating your academic background, work experience, and voluntary activities. Please do not include a photo on your CV.
- A letter of motivation explaining your specific interest in the study program and how it relates to your professional aspirations. Your letter should be 500-900 words.
- Copies of official academic transcripts of all attended universities. Every transcript must include a transcript key (an explanation of the grading system). If not in English, a certified translation into English is required. Hard copies are not required until after acceptance into the program.
- A copy of an English proficiency certificate (for non-native speakers). For more detailed information about which tests and minimum scores are accepted, see the language requirements Please note that English test results can be provided after you submit your application to the Hertie School. You must send the certificate to the admissions team per e-mail at grad-admissions[at]hertie-school[dot]org. The deadline to submit the English test results is June 1st.
All documents, including letters of reference, must be submitted in .pdf format.
You must contact your referees to have them send your two letters of reference directly to the admissions team.
Your referee may directly email the university their reference letter to grad-admissions[at]hertie-school[dot]org from the referee’s institutional email address. The letter must be signed and submitted as a PDF.
Your referee may send a signed letter on institutional letterhead directly to the university postal address:
For more information please check theCourse Website