International Agribusiness and Rural Development (IARD)
- Summer semester
- directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in agricultural sciences, business administration, forestry, veterinary sciences, economic or social sciences.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Specification: At least B.
Specification: At least C.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
The applicant must submit an application letter prior to the established deadline, together with the following documentation:
- Officially certified hard copies of bachelor's degree and transcripts grades with GPA (including the scoring range).
- Two letters of recommendation. At least one letter should come from a professor at the university at which the candidate received his or her undergraduate degree.
- Letter of motivation (1-2 pages) in English. The candidate shall highlight his or her motives and interests to enroll in the M.Sc. program and explain how he/she intends to use the M.Sc. degree in his/her future professional career.
- Short research proposal describing the intended topic to develop in the master thesis (in English). The topic of the proposal can be changed during the study courses.
- Curriculum vitae (with a recent photograph, please use the Europass CV Template).
- Proof of English skills (see language requirements). The proof must not be older than two years.
- IARD Application form (Application Form IARD-Talca) together with a declaration by the applicant on how he or she intends to finance living costs, travel, and other expenses.
- Professional experience should be documented by letters of current or previous employers or letters of recommendation (optional).
These documents will be evaluated by an Academic Selection Committee, consisting of Professors from the Universities of Talca and Göttingen. The Academic Selection Committee will only accept complete applications in English. Submitting an application does not create any entitlement for participating in the study program.
Documents in any language other than English, Spanish, or German shall be translated by a certified translator. Please mail your application documents in paper format (2 copies) and in electronic format to both the University of Göttingen and the University of Talca (see addresses below).
For more information please check theCourse Website