International Cooperation in Urban Development
- Winter semester
- directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
- Registration Fee & Tuition Information:
- The tuition fees for the first year are 8,000 €. For the second year at TU Darmstadt are 5,000 €; for the partner universities are as follows: UIC (Barcelona): 10,380 €; UGA (Grenoble): 4,000 €; URTV (Rome): 6,146 €.
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) within related disciplines, such as:
- Urban, town, or regional planning,
- Human geography,
- Civil engineering.
General knowledge and understanding of urban development and/or international cooperation issues is an essential asset to benefit most from the courses offered in the Mundus Urbano program. Such understanding is best achieved through a minimum of one year of previous work experience (including volunteer work and/or internships) in a profession related to the subjects of study.
If the work experience of an applicant is shorter or in a different field, the experience may be compensated by a relevant subject studied for a previous university degree (for example urban planning, architecture, urban sociology, geography, urban economics, politics, etc) or by relevant personal publications.
Grades obtained in previous university studies must be ‘good’ or better.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
Along with documents enclosed with the TU Darmstadt application form (transcripts, degrees, etc.), please also submit:
- Statement of motivation (max. 2 pages) detailing: assessment of previous academic focus, previous work experience and its relevance to the Mundus Urbano course, the benefit that the course may contribute for your future career, your preferred choice for second-year mobility, a short overview on how you plan to finance your studies.
- List of publications (if any).
- Proof of nationality (scan/copy of passport).
- Reference names and contact data (optional).
- Proof of professional or academic work experience and length.
- Proof of English language requirement (see language requirements).
- Additional questions form (see program website).
Hard copy: please submit your hard copy with the necessary certified copies to the International Admission Office at the following address:
Technische Universität Darmstadt
Zulassung International / International Admission
S1|01 R109 – 115
Please do not send original documents. A certified copy is a copy (often a photocopy) of a primary document, which has on it an endorsement or certification that it is a valid and true copy of the primary document. Such certification is provided and signed by a nominated person or institution, authorized by legislation to do so. The authorized person/institution varies between countries. For example, they can be a court clerk, solicitor, or public notary.
For more information please check theCourse Website