International Economics and Economic Policy
- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- local admission restriction
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in economics or a similar program.
If you have not yet completed your bachelor’s degree, you can apply for the program if you have received at least 80% of the CP required for graduation (e.g. 144 CP in a normal 180 CP bachelor’s program). This provisional certificate must be issued by an office authorized to award grades or issue certificates. In this case, the admission is provisional and the final bachelor’s certificate has to be submitted until the end of the first semester.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
Documents to be submitted:
- Completed online application (uni-assist).
- If you are not already enrolled at Goethe-University Frankfurt: university entrance qualification (e.g. A-Levels).
- Bachelor’s degree certificate including the final grade (GPA) as well as an official transcript of course grades (with official translations into English or German, if needed).
- Scanned copies are used for the application process. Originals or certified copies need to be submitted prior to enrollment.
- If the Bachelor's degree has not yet been completed: a transcript of records or equivalent document listing the content of the study program and average grade.
- Letter of motivation in English Language (up to 750 words).
- TOEFL/IELTS test (see language requirements).
- You may need to submit other documents depending on your country of origin and your previous education, such as for applicants from Vietnam, the People’s Republic of China as well as Mongolia: they need to submit an original copy of the APS-certificate of academic screening issued by the Academic Evaluation Centre (Akademische Prüfstelle – APS).
- Optional items: other documents that might be relevant to us, but are not required (curriculum vitae, references from jobs or internships, scholarships, etc.).
Please note that you should first complete your online application before sending any documents via regular mail. Please, also make sure that your (certified) documents in paper form arrive at uni-assist before the deadline (May 15th).
Documents to be sent by post to uni-assist:
- Signed application form.
- Certified copy of bachelor degree including the transcript of records + (if applicable) English or German translation.
- Without a final diploma: certificate of enrollment + certified copy of the current transcript of records + (if applicable) English or German translation.
- Simple copy of the university entrance qualification.
- For applicants who received their bachelor's degree in China, Vietnam or Mongolia: APS certificate in the original form.
Please send all required documents to:
c/o uni-assist e.V.
For more information please check theCourse Website