International Economics and Economic Policy
- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- local admission restriction
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in economics or a similar program.
If you have not yet completed your bachelor’s degree, you can apply for the program if you have received at least 80% of the CP required for graduation (e.g. 144 CP in a normal 180 CP bachelor’s program). This provisional certificate must be issued by an office authorized to award grades or issue certificates. In this case, the admission is provisional and the final bachelor’s certificate has to be submitted by the end of the first semester.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
Documents to be submitted:
- Completed online application (uni-assist).
- Degree certificates/diplomas including the final grade (GPA) as well as an official transcript of course grades (with official translations into English or German, if needed).
- Scanned copies are used for the application process. Originals or certified copies need to be submitted prior to enrollment.
- If you do not have a degree yet, you can hand in a certificate of enrollment from your bachelor program and a preliminary diploma or a certified copy of the current transcript of records including all passed examinations and an average grade. This preliminary diploma or transcript of records must be issued by the same office that also issues the final diplomas. If applicable, certified translations into German or English must be provided. Note that you must have completed it by September 30th. In this case, you need to submit the degree certificate by January 15th.
- Proof of sufficient English skills (see language requirements).
- A brief letter of motivation (in English and not more than 750 words).
- Simple copy of the university entrance qualification (high school diploma, Abitur, A levels, etc).
- Applicants with a bachelor's degree from China, Vietnam, or Mongolia have to provide an APS certificate at the time of their application.
- Other documents that might be relevant, but are not required (curriculum vitae, references from jobs or internships, scholarships, etc).
Please note that you should first complete your online application before sending any documents via regular mail. Please, also make sure that your (certified) documents in paper form arrive at uni-assist before the deadline (May 15th).
Documents to be sent by post to uni-assist:
- Signed application form.
- Certified copy of bachelor degree including the transcript of records + (if applicable) English or German translation.
- Without a final diploma: certificate of enrollment + certified copy of the current transcript of records + (if applicable) English or German translation.
- Simple copy of the university entrance qualification.
- For applicants who received their bachelor's degree in China, Vietnam, or Mongolia: APS certificate in the original form.
Please send all required documents to:
c/o uni-assist e.V.
For more information please check theCourse Website