International Information Systems
- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- without admission restriction
- directly at University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) preferably with a focus on business or IT (although other academic backgrounds may also be considered).
For students, who complete their undergraduate degree in Germany or any EU country: You can apply if you do not yet have your undergraduate degree until the deadline for submission of applications. However, you need a minimum of 135 ECTS to be able to apply and you should hand in a recent statement of grades form and a confirmation that you have completed your courses. As soon as you got your bachelor certificate you should send it to the university. You have up to one year to hand in your degree.
For students, who complete their undergraduate degree in a non-EU country: You must have completed your undergraduate degree to be able to apply. Only in exceptional cases, the university may accept applicants which have not finished their undergraduate degree which then can be provided the latest by September.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Specification: At least C.
Specification: (≥57%): Level B2.
Specification: (≥67%): Level C1.
Specification: (≥67%): Level C1.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
For the application process, you have to apply online and also send the documents by mail.
The following documents have to be submitted via postal mail:
- Completed online application form (output of the application online).
- Certified copy of your undergraduate degree or recent statement of grades from the examination office together with an official translation (either English or German).
- Applicants from Germany: you need to have a minimum of 135 ECTS from your bachelor's degree when applying. A printout from the transcript of records from your university online system is sufficient.
- International applicants: you need to have your final bachelor's degrees when applying. If you are expected to graduate after the application deadline, but before coming to Germany, then you need an academic confirmation from your university with some information required by the university.
- Certified copy of your secondary studies (high school degree and transcript) plus an official translation (either English or German). Please note: Copies of German high school and university degrees do not have to be certified. Regular copies are accepted.
- Your curriculum vitae (CV) in English in tabular form (i.e. not as a free text).
- Cover letter in English explaining your motivation to study IIS and why you are a good fit for the program, your expectations, etc. Please keep it short – up to one page.
- A 1,000-word academic essay in English on the following topic “A personal take on the use of chatbots in the workplace“. Guidelines for the essay can be downloaded on the program website. Please use academic references or reputable online sources as references.
- Proof of practical experience if available (copy of contract or letter of recommendation). Please do not send academic recommendations.
- Proof of your English language skills (a regular copy or original certificate). The certificate needs to be valid on the date of your application submission. Exceptions only apply to students who have a degree from the following English-speaking countries: USA, UK, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, or Ireland. All other students do need to provide a certificate. See the language requirements for further information.
- Proof of your German language skills (see language requirements).
- Applicants from China, Vietnam, and Mongolia will have to include APS certification. Please take care of this early on if you are planning to apply because it can take a while until you get the certification. Without this, your application won’t reach the admission board.
Send the documents to:
Referat L 4 – Masterbüro
Note that the university cannot consider incomplete applications or applications via email.
This study program is based in:
1a) Campus Nuremberg
1b) Campus Erlangen
the University has other campuses --> Tab "University"
For more information please check theCourse Website