© Siegbert Brey / CC BY-SA 4.0
Kiel University

International Master in Applied Ecology (IMAE) [Joint Master's Degrее]

M.Sc. (Master of Science)
Subjects: Ecology, Biodiversity, Environmental Science, Economics
M.Sc.
Degree
120
ECTS
English
English only
Language
Winter semester: 13 Sep
Application Deadlines
2 Years (starting: Winter semester)
Duration
€ 2350 / € 4600
Tuition Fees (per semester)
Starting
Winter semester
Mode of admission:
without admission restriction 
Application:
directly at University
Study mode:
On campus
Registration Fee & Tuition Information:
The tuition fee for nationals of a European Union (EU) country is 4,500 € per year; for nationals from a non-EU country is 9,000 € per year. Tuitions are paid each year according to the rules of the University of Coimbra as follows: 30% of the fee is paid upon registration (mandatory), and the remaining 70% is paid monthly between November and Μarсh.

Requirements


Qualification Requirements


Previous Degree

Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) from a field related to the scope of IMAE (e.g. Ecology, Biology, Population Genetics, Evolution, or Environmental Sciences).

Minimum number of semesters: 6 semesters.
Required ECTS crеdits: 180.

GPA (German System) 2.50

Language Requirements


The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.

languageEnglish
IELTS
min 6.5
TOEFL iBT
min 92
TOEFL pBT
min 580
CEFR English
min C1
Does the university recognize "other equivalent language certificates"? no

Additional information:
Fluent proficiency in English certified by an internationally recognized test is required except for native speakers.

Application & Admission


Application Deadlines



Special Deadline Case:
Winter semester: There are 3 calls for application: 1st call runs from March 1st to March 31st. 2nd call runs from June 1st to July 14th. and the 3rd call runs from September 1st to September 13th.

Application Procedure & Selection


Mode of Admission:
without admission restriction 
Admission Test/Interview:
None
Application:
directly at University
Application Fee:

none

Application Documents


  1. Motivation letter.
  2. Degree certificate.
  3. Transcript of records.
  4. Two letters of recommendation (duly signed, merged into 1 PDF).
  5. Proof of English proficiency (see language requirements), or a letter stating that you are a native English speaker.
  6. Proof of identity (identity card or passport).
  7. Europass Curriculum Vitae.
  8. Recent photography (passport template).

Download and complete the IMAE application form. Save it as a PDF.

IMPORTANT NOTE: In the case of official documents issued by Institutions outside the European Union, these documents must be duly authenticated by the Apostille of The Hague or be recognized by the consular representation of Portugal in the country where the Institution issuing the document is located.

In addition, if the documents are not written in Portuguese, Spanish, French, or English, they should be translated into Portuguese/English by an official and certified translator.

For further instructions regarding the application process, please check the course page.

Location


1
Kiel University

Further Information


For more information please check the

Course Website