International Organisations and Crisis Management
- Winter semester
- directly at University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) with at least 90 credit points in the field of political science.
You must also meet the following condition:
- have acquired at least 20 credit points from classes focused on international relations or international organizations,
- have acquired at least 15 credit points in qualitative and/or quantitative research methods,
- have completed at least one job-oriented internship in international relations or international organizations or studied one semester abroad.
If you do not sufficiently meet any of the conditions mentioned above (including a grade of 1.5 or better), but your overall grade is at least 2.3 and your studies, curriculum vitae and motivation indicate a particular fit for the program, you may also be admitted upon consideration of the following factors:
- The scope and grades of the courses, which are particularly relevant for the master's program, as well as the final thesis of your first academic qualification.
- Your international experiences as they relate to the program.
- Your practical experiences and additional qualifications, which may be relevant to the program.
- Your individual areas of interest and reflections on the content and requirements of the master program, as indicated in your letter of motivation and your curriculum vitae, which inform the university about your background, knowledge, and skills as well as your personal goals and your capacity to study successfully.
If you cannot submit proofs of your prior academic qualification (e.g. because your bachelor thesis is still pending), you can hand in your most current transcript of records, provided you can document the attainment of at least 140 credit points. In that case, please submit a 200 word (max.) abstract of your bachelor thesis.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
Your application has to include the following documents:
- Letter of motivation.
- Curriculum vitae.
- Bachelor's certificate (or equivalent).
- Transcript of records.
- Language certificate (see language requirements).
- IOCM Application Form (Sonderblatt IOCM).
The application, including all documents, must be in English.
You can submit any additional documents you deem relevant, including proof of work experience, stays abroad, or language proficiencies.
For more information please check theCourse Website