International Relations and Cultural Diplomacy
- Both semesters
- directly at University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent).
Required ECTS credits: 180 (for the regular 4-semesters program); 210 (for the fast-track 3-semesters program).
For the fast-track program option, a minimum of one year's professional experience in a position of responsibility following graduation.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
The following documents must be submitted in the application process:
- Official First Degree Diploma and Transcript: original documents or certified hard copies of the official First Degree Diploma and Transcript from the university that awarded the undergraduate degree (and graduate degree, if applicable). If the document was issued in a language other than English or German, a certified translation into one of the two languages must be submitted. Current undergraduate students can submit an application and participate in the application process by submitting a confirmation of their current studies and transcripts.
- Hard copies - for official admission, you must submit the hard copies of either the original documents or the certified copies. You may send scans in advance and bring the hard copies of the documents with you upon arrival in Berlin before the start of the course.
- Certified Copies - the copies of the documents above must be certified by a notary, embassy or equivalent.
- Passport and/or National ID Card Copy: a scanned copy of your passport photo identification page and/or of your National ID Card should be sent to the ICD. The information on your passport should be clearly legible.
- Motivation letter: a personal statement of at least 1, max. 2 pages (A4) explaining your motivation for undertaking the MA program.
- Curriculum Vitae (Resumé): this should include information of your academic background (institutions attended, courses studied); your professional experience, if applicable; your interests; any awards or scholarships received and your full contact details. The curriculum vitae should be no longer than 2 A4 pages.
- Certificate of language proficiency: (see language requirements).
- Essay: a writing sample of between 2-5 pages on any topic related to the fields of the program.
- Employment verification letters (only if you are applying for the fast-track program and have less than 210 ECTS): letters confirming professional experience from the organization where you were employed, including start and finish dates (month and year) of the position, the area of employment, title and a brief description of responsibilities.
For more information please check theCourse Website