Jacobs University Bremen
International Relations: Global Governance and Social Theory
- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- local admission restriction
- directly at University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in international relations, political science, sociology, or a similar area of study.
Required ECTS credits: 180.
Students whose degree is pending may apply nonetheless if they have completed a large part of their studies (corresponding to at least 120 CP).
A transcript of undergraduate courses and grades with a GPA equivalent to 2.3 or better in the German grading system.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Specification: At least C.
Specification: Listening/Reading: 945; Speaking: 180; Writing: 180.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
To be considered applicants need to provide:
- Proof of a bachelor’s degree (see the previous degree field).
- A transcript of undergraduate courses and grades with a GPA equivalent to 2.3 or better in the German grading system.
- Proof of proficiency in English (see language requirements).
- An English essay explaining why they are choosing this program and what their research interests are ("letter of motivation").
- An English summary (1,000 words) of their bachelor’s or master’s thesis. If the thesis is not yet finished (or none is/was required in the program), an English exposé of the thesis or an English (summary of a) term paper on a topic related to the program may be provided instead. If you submit a (summary of a) term paper, include information on the course and the instructor (upload just one document, i.e. the requested summary or paper; flooding the selection committee with papers will not improve your chances of being accepted).
- A current CV (in English) including information on their educational and work history, publications (if any), language abilities, and extracurricular interests.
Admission of applicants whose degree is pending at the time of application is conditional on their providing the completed, final transcript no later than two weeks after the courses have started as well as the bachelor’s certificate by December 31st of the same year.
For more information please check theCourse Website