- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- without admission restriction
- directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in political science. Degrees in other academic fields can be accepted if at least 45 ECTS credits have been acquired in political science. If your first university degree is not directly linked to the field of International Relations, the Admissions Committee will judge the relevance of your previous studies on the basis of your interim transcript of records.
Students who are not yet able to submit a bachelor’s certificate may only apply if they are missing no more than 40 ECTS credits until the completion of their degree at the time of application! In this case, your university will need to calculate your current grade point average/GPA so your rank can be determined.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Specification: Grade B
Specification: At least 6.5 in each area
Specification: No subset can be below TDN 3
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
The application process is identical for all applicants, regardless of their country of origin. Please do not apply via Uni-Assist, but only via their application page.
The university will need the following information from you:
- Address, CV/resume, etc.
Documents (pdf or doc format):
Please scan the originals of the documents to be submitted. You will have to submit them again for enrolment if you are admitted.
- Certificates and transcripts: at the time of application, transcripts and certificates of a bachelor’s (or equivalent) degree in MAIR relevant fields must be submitted,
- Proof of international experience during studies: here you can show course achievements that you have performed abroad. "Foreign countries" is defined as a country other than in which the higher education entrance qualification was obtained.
- Proof of sufficient knowledge of English (see language requirements).
- Proof of sufficient knowledge of German (see language requirements).
- Letter of motivation (about 2 pages).
- Proof of relevant professional or practical experience: please note that professional and practical experience cannot be equated with experience in the context of studying abroad. This separation has to be obvious in the documents. Please make sure that the exact scope of work is visible for part-time occupations. Only certificates of work already performed will be accepted. Contracts and commitments that have not yet been carried out will not be considered.
- For students studying/who have studied in Germany: latest "Immatrikulationsbescheinigung" or "Exmatrikulationsbescheinigung".
Confirmation letter for participation in the application process:
In the last section of the online application, you will find a request to submit a statement. Applicants can open a Word document under the link "here". Please fill in this document completely and send it to the Application and Admissions Office of the MAIR at the University of Potsdam immediately. Your application will only be considered submitted if the confirmation letter has been received by the Application and Admissions Office of the MAIR before the application deadline. In exceptional cases, you can also send the letter of confirmation by fax to the Application and Admissions Office, if you have made prior arrangements.
For more information please check theCourse Website