International Studies in Intellectual Property Law (International Track)
- Both semesters
- directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
- Registration Fee & Tuition Information:
- The tuition fee in Dresden is 2500 EUR (summer semester). The tuition fee in the partner universities (winter semester) is different for each one: in Exeter is approx 4600 GBP for EU-students and 9250,00 GBP for non-EU-students; in Krakau, 500 EUR; in London, 5240 GBP; in Prague, 500 EUR; in Seattle, 1500 Dollar (+ app. $600 visa fee + 2 x $55 registration fee, $128 per month for Student Health Insurance and $150 for public transportation [optional, recommended]); in Straßburg, no tuition fees; in Szeged, 600 EUR; and in Tokyo, no tuition fees.
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in law, computer science, engineering, media studies, or another subject. Graduates of a non-juridical university course may be admitted if they can prove that they have sufficient legal knowledge (at least 5 ECTS).
Professional experience (can be fulfilled through various practical activities, including internships and traineeships).
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Specification: 176 overall, no less than 169 in any element.
Specification: No less than 6.0 in any section.
Specification: With minimum scores of 21 for writing, 21 for listening, 22 for reading and 23 for speaking.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
Complete application documents:
- Completed and signed application form.
- Letter of motivation in English.
- Curriculum vitae in English (in tabular form) with photo (preferably CV Europass).
- Certified copy of certificates providing evidence of language skills (see language requirements).
- Certified copy of certificate university diploma including an overview of subjects and grades (transcript of records) and certified copies of the translations.
- Copy of school-leaving certificate including an overview of subjects and grades.
- Evidence of other qualifications (see the application form).
- European/international students: a copy of your passport.
- Applicants from China, Mongolia, and Vietnam: original APS Certificate.
Notes on official certification
Have your documents certified by an authorized agency with a stamp in English or German. If you want to have your documents certified by the issuing university, the certification must include the university's seal and a signature by the student administration office, the dean, or the office responsible for examinations.
Please address the application to:
Technische Universität Dresden
Lehrstuhl Prof. Götting
A pre-application by email is possible. Please send your documents in a single PDF file and avoid sending your documents in several files:
For more information please check theCourse Website