International Studies in Intellectual Property Law (International Track)
- Both semesters
- Mode of admission:
- without admission restriction
- directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
- Registration Fee & Tuition Information:
- The tuition fee in Dresden is 2,500 EUR (summer/winter semester). The tuition fee in the partner universities is different for each one: in Exeter is approx 5,250 GBP per semester; in Krakow, 500 EUR; in London, 5,480 GBP; in Prague, 500 EUR; in Seattle, 1,500 USD; in Szeged, 600 EUR; and in Straßburg, Tokyo, and Tallinn, there are no tuition fees. You should take into consideration that besides the tuition fee at the partner university, you also have to pay 750 EUR as a tuition fee to TU Dresden per semester abroad. It is recommended to check the tuition fees at the partner universities annually.
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in law, computer science, engineering, media studies, or another subject. Graduates of a non-juridical university course may be admitted if they can prove that they have sufficient legal knowledge (at least 5 ECTS).
If at the time of application, proof of the first degree qualifying the applicant for a profession is not yet available, the application will be considered under the precondition that 80% of the credit points attainable for the degree have already been achieved based on completed module examinations or the final thesis and the colloquium (if applicable). A certification from the awarding institute of higher education (examination office) serves as proof of the above-mentioned academic achievements.
Work experience of usually one year (for recognition of internships, part-time jobs, etc., please contact TU Dresden).
No minimum GPA.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Specification: Minimum scores of 21 for writing, 21 for listening, 22 for reading and 23 for speaking.
Specification: 176 overall, no less than 169 in any element.
Specification: No less than 6.0 in any section.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
Complete application documents:
- Letter of motivation in English.
- Curriculum vitae in English (in tabular form) with photo (preferably CV Europass).
- Certificates providing evidence of language skills (see language requirements).
- University diploma including an overview of subjects and grades (transcript of records) and translations.
- School leaving certificate including an overview of subjects and grades.
- Evidence of other qualifications (see application form).
- European and international students: copy passport.
- Applicants from China, India, Mongolia, and Vietnam: APS Certificate.
Notes on official certification:
In random individual cases, the International Office requests officially certified copies of diplomas and certificates. In this case, have your documents certified by an authorized agency with a stamp in English or German. If you want to have your documents certified by the issuing university, the certification must include the university's seal and a signature by the student administration office, the dean, or the office responsible for examinations.
For more information please check theCourse Website