- Both semesters
- Mode of admission:
- without admission restriction
- International applicants without a German higher education entrance qualification will first need to go through Germany’s international student application service Uni-Assist.
- Study mode:
- On campus
- Registration Fee & Tuition Information:
- The tuition fee is 2,460 € per semester for EU citizens and 2,960 € for non-EU сitizеns.
Minimum standard period of study: 7 semesters.
Required ECTS credits: 210.
If you only have 180 ECTS (6 semesters) from your previous degree, you need to take 1 preparatory semester (4 semesters in total).
To prove your bachelor's degree's relevance to IT Engineering, your studies need to have included at least 80 credits' worth of mathematics, information technology, science, and/or engineering. If your bachelor's program did not contain modules of this kind and value, you cannot be admitted to the IT Engineering master's program.
For bachelor's degrees with 180 ECTS the only other requirement is that your studies have included at least 10 credits in mathematics and 5 credits in software development lab courses. Any further necessary adaptation to the master's program will be accomplished by the additional bachelor modules of the four-semester curriculum.
Bachelor's degrees with 210 ECTS need to meet the following requirements in mathematics and software development, which can partially be made up by bachelor modules taken at the University of Applied Sciences Wedel:
- Your studies need to have included mathematics worth at least 20 ECTS, encompassing at least 5 credits in engineering mathematics and at least 5 credits in discrete mathematics. You cannot make up for engineering mathematics via UAS Wedel bachelor modules unless you are sufficiently proficient in German to partake in their German modules. You can make up for discrete mathematics by taking their English bachelor modules. Five additional credits can be made up by taking their Signals & Systems module.
- You also need to have passed basic software development modules worth at least 10 ECTS. These modules have to be made up of laboratory courses, not lectures. If your programming modules have been valued at less than 5 credits, there is no way for you to be admitted to the IT Engineering program. By partaking in their module Fundamental Programming Structures, you may make up for 5 credits.
- You have to provide advanced knowledge in at least one of the object-oriented programming languages Java or C++. This knowledge will be examined in an entry assignment at the beginning of your first semester. You may partake in their module Advanced Programming Features to gain this knowlеdgе.
If your GPA is worse than 2.5 (higher), you may still be admitted. Your GPA needs to be 2.9 or better, and you will have to provide adequate additional qualifications. With a GPA of 3.0 or worse, you have no chance of being admitted into the master's prοgram.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
Application Procedure & Selection
For the application via uni-assist: € 75 for the first application, € 30 for each additional
For more information please check theCourse Website