Joint International Master's Programme in Sustainable Development
- Winter semester
- directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
A bachelor's degree (or equivalent), and can demonstrate their research skills, their basic knowledge of the natural and/or social sciences, and a general insight in the subject of sustainable development and intervention strategies.
Suitable preparation for natural science tracks might include courses in physics, geology, technical sciences, biology, geography, earth sciences, or chemistry. For the social science tracks, the prospective student might have had courses in human geography, planning, sociology, policy sciences, law, management, or economics.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Specification: With grade C.
Specification: With grade B.
Specification: Not less than 6.0 in the writing section.
Application & Admission
Login or Sign-up (for free) to:
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
Application Procedure & Selection
- Curriculum vitae (CV).
- Copy of passport (ID page with a photograph).
- Language certificate (see language requirements)*.
- Transcript of records.
- University diploma/bachelor certificate**.
- Diploma supplement (if provided by your university).
- Grade point average (GPA) or average mark and Information about the grading system used at your University (please use the TEMPLATE on the left side of this page) - please upload as PDF.
- Information about courses relevant for the application (please use the TEMPLATE - on the left side of this page).
- 2 signed letters of recommendation (at least one of which from a staff member your bachelor/degree program)***.
- Motivation statement (you have to insert your statement into the application directly but it is recommended to type it in advance - max 4.000 characters).
*It is possible to hand in the language certificate after the application deadline but no later than April 19th, 2020. Please upload the confirmation of application for the English test and indicate the exam resp. result date in the application. The certificate should be available during the selection committee meeting (April 20/21).
>> If you experience problems, i.e. the language test centers are closed or tests canceled, please upload a confirmation about the canceled tests + confirmation of your test application. If you could provide any additional language certificates or confirmations (such as older certificates, etc) this would be also very helpful. Due to this unusual situation, we will evaluate all applications under condition language certificates will be handed in at a later moment.
**If you haven't received your diploma yet, you can apply for the program, but you should mention in your application that you will provide the selection committee with your diploma as soon as possible after graduation. Your diploma must be provided as hard copy during admission to the entrance university at the latest.
***It is possible to upload the recommendation letters directly to the online application. If the person who is writing the recommendation doesn't want to send the letter to you, he/she may send it directly to [email protected] and the university will do the upload.
For more information please check theCourse Website