Joint International Master's Programme in Sustainable Development
- Start Dates
- Winter Semester: September
- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- without admission restriction
- directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
- Registration Fee & Tuition Information:
- Graz: 0 € [EU students] for 4+2 semesters; 726,72 € [non-EU students] per semester. Leipzig: 800 € per semester plus the semester fee. Venice: Tuition fees are calculated on the basis of your income.
Bachelor's degree in engineering, natural sciences, environmental sciences, economics, or social sciences.
Required ECTS credits: 180.
As an applicant, you must demonstrate your research skills, basic knowledge of the natural and/or social sciences, and a general understanding of the thematic areas of sustainable development and intervention strategies. Adequate preparation for natural science tracks might include courses in biology, chemistry, earth science, geography, geology, physics, or technical sciences. For the social science tracks, as a prospective student, you might have taken courses in economics, human geography, law, management, planning, political sciences, or sociology.
Specific admission requirements for Leipzig University as an entrance university:
Bachelor’s degree focusing mainly on economic, social, earth, or natural science and related to sustainability topics (this reference can also be proven by corresponding professional experience).
Professional experience of at least one year after completion of your bachelor’s degree (for Leipzig University as an entrance university).
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Specification: At least C1.
Specification: At least 180 points.
Specification: Not less than 6.0 in the writing section.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in September)
Application Procedure & Selection
- Curriculum vitae (CV).
- Motivation statement.
- Copy of passport (ID page with a photograph).
- Language certificate (see language requirements).
- Bachelor's diploma/certificate.
- Transcript of records/diploma supplement.
- Two signed letters of recommendation.
- Information about courses relevant to the application.
- GPA and information about the grading system used at your university.
Leipzig, as an entrance university, also requires proof of at least one year of professional experience after completion of the bachelor's degree.
For more information please check theCourse Website