European Master in Lexicography (EMLex) [Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Program]
- Winter semester
- directly at University
- Study mode:
- On campus
- Registration Fee & Tuition Information:
- The participation costs are as follows: for students from partner countries (non-EU countries except for Turkey, Macedonia, Serbia, Norway, Liechtenstein, and Iceland): 4,500 € per semester; for students from program countries (28 EU member states + Turkey, Macedonia, Serbia, Norway, Liechtenstein, and Iceland): 2,250 € per semester.
Applicants must have a higher educational institution (HEI) degree in the area of:
- (computational/applied) linguistics,
- (foreign) languages,
- book studies/library and information science,
- or other relevant disciplines, subject to the consent of and the approval by the Consortium’s admission committee.
If your HEI degree is still in progress, you may nevertheless submit an application. The condition, in this case, is that the HEI degree certificate must be available before the start of the EMLex study program.
A first academic degree with a mark above average.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
Pay attention to the following requirements:
- All documents must be submitted as only one single PDF.
- The name of the file should correspond to the following pattern: EMLex application + your name.
- The file should not exceed 4 MB (if it does, you may have to zip the files).
Send the application form together with the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org (the documents have to be sent in the following order):
- Application form.
- Motivation letter (2 pages max., in English or German). In the letter you should respond to the following aspects:
- Explain the reasons why you wish to study the EMLex master program, express your expectations and your own contribution. Additionally, you should state what you plan to do with the EMLex master's degree.
- Report on your experiences with scientific or practical lexicography that you have already made and explain why you have an interest in lexicography.
- Explain your choice of the preferred home university (while your preferences will be taken into account as far as possible, the final assignment will be made to fit your study needs best).
- Answer the following question: Which lexicographic project would you like to realize in your home country if you had the chance to do so?
- Certificate of HEI degree.
- A transcript of academic records.
- Language certificates.
- A copy of your identity document.
- PDF files that do not follow the requested order (1)-(6), and/or do not include the applicant’s name, and/or are incomplete, and/or are too big will not be considered.
- If your original documents are written in a language other than English or German, please also submit certified translations.
- Please note that the university cannot return any documents that you send.
- Students starting the program in 2020/21 cannot study in Stellenbosch as well as in Erlangen-Nürnberg as the common summer term will take place at FAU.
- Students from China, Vietnam, and Mongolia: in case of acceptance to the EMLex Programme, please also have your documents certified by Akademische Prüfstelle des Kulturreferats of the German Embassy in your respective country.
the University has other campuses --> Tab "University"
For more information please check theCourse Website