Logic and Philosophy of Science
- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- local admission restriction
- directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent). The program is not just open to philosophy and logic undergraduates but it also aims to attract undergraduates from relevant scientific disciplines, such as mathematics, physics, biology, chemistry, neuroscience, computer science, engineering, economics, linguistics, psychology, cognitive science, the social sciences or related disciplines.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
Login or Sign-up (for free) to:
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
Application Procedure & Selection
To apply, please make sure to submit the following documents as PDF files:
- A cover letter of 1-2 pages in which you explain why you would like to join the MA program and what qualifications you have to do so.
- A CV (including, among others things, the list of courses you have taken as an undergraduate).
- A copy of your transcript of records documenting your previous studies and degree(s) that are required to be equivalent to at least 150 ECTS, with an average grade of 2.0 or better. If your transcript is in neither German nor English, please make sure to submit a separate document (in English or German) explaining the meaning of your grades.
- A writing sample in English. You may submit a term paper, a part of your undergraduate thesis, a published paper, or any other piece of writing that indicates your ability to understand, criticize, and develop philosophical arguments. A writing sample should not exceed 15 pages.
- Proof of English language proficiency (see language requirements).
- Please ask two referees to send a confidential letter of recommendation on official letterhead as a pdf file to [email protected], with your full name as the subject.
Applicants who are not German citizens must also apply to the International Office. The deadlines for this particular application may vary from semester to semester.
For more information please check theCourse Website