- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- without admission restriction
- directly at University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in one of the subjects taught in the program (African studies and linguistics, Ethiopian studies, ancient history, assyriology, Austronesian studies, classical Greek studies, historical musicology, Indology, Islamic studies, Japanese studies, Jewish philosophy and religion, art history, medieval and modern history, Sinology, Thai studies, Turkology) or a related one; in exceptional cases, the above access requirements may be derogated from the fact that due to special circumstances, at least equivalent qualification and suitability may be assumed.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
Please submit uncertified copies of all documents. For documents not issued in English or German, a certified English or German translation is required.
- Signed printout of your online application.
- Degree certificate or provisional transcript of records: if you are still studying when you apply and cannot yet provide a final certificate containing your grades, please submit your current transcript of records confirming your provisional grade point average. You will then need to submit your degree certificate by the end of the first semester of your master’s program.
For more information please check theCourse Website