Mathematical Modelling in Engineering: Theory, Numerics, Applications
- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- local admission restriction
- directly at University
- Study mode:
- On campus
- Registration Fee & Tuition Information:
- The administrative fee is 2000 €. The participation cost is 4000 € per semester (not required for 2020-cohort students).
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in one of the following (or equivalent) fields:
- Applied mathematics.
- Mathematics with a good background in physics.
- Physics with a good background in mathematics.
- Engineering with a large background in mathematics and physics.
Students in the final year of their undergraduate study can be admitted on condition that their bachelor's degree is awarded before the enrolment in the MathMods MSc, namely before August 15th, 2020.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
All applicants will have to submit the following mandatory documents through the online application form before the deadlines:
- An electronic copy (pdf) of your passport (or ID card for European applicants).
- An electronic copy (pdf) of your CV.
- An electronic copy (pdf) of your full academic transcript with records for each single attended course and with the list of courses still to be attended to gain your bachelor's degree.
- An electronic copy (pdf) of a file containing a description of the attended courses you consider relevant for your application, especially the courses related to mathematics and physics. As this is not a document usually issued by universities, applicants have to fill in that file by themselves as self-certification.
- An electronic copy (pdf) of an English certificate (see language requirements).
- Two academic reference letters, to be submitted by two different referees only via the online Reference system.
- For all the above documents, in case they are not written in English, please upload an official English translation, or a translation provided and signed by the institution awarding the bachelor's degree and (if possible) by a native English speaker academic full professor or by an academic full professor in English language (with full contacts included).
- An electronic copy (pdf) of a letter of intent (also known as motivation letter), describing your interest in the subjects related to the proposed fields of study. The letter can be addressed to the MathMods Evaluation Committee. There is no particular template to follow, but you must not exceed one page - extra pages will not be evaluated.
Additional documents might be submitted only if closely related to the proposed field of study.
For more information please check theCourse Website