- Both semesters
- Mode of admission:
- without admission restriction
- directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in mathematics or an equivalent degree.
You must prove that you earned 120 ECTS credit points from mathematical modules in this bachelor program.
Good grades (comparable to the German grade 2.5 or better).
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
All required documents have to be submitted in the upload area of the online application portal as PDF-files. Other formats are not accepted.
If you are not an EU citizen, check if you meet the visa requirements. Students from most countries outside the European Union will have to apply for a visa to study in Germany. The details must be obtained from the German Embassy or a German Consulate in your home country. Please do this before you send the application.
The required attachments are:
- Curriculum vitae (CV) with photo: please include in tabular form (in a table rather than a prose text) a description of your high school education and your undergraduate education, as well as your academic and non-academic activities. Please include a photo in your CV.
- Degrees and academic records: please send scans of your academic degrees and the transcripts of the courses, including marks or grades. The online application portal for graduate programs asks you to provide documents in German or English only. Please note that documents in Dutch, French, Italian, or Spanish are also accepted.
If there is no transcript provided by the institution you received your degree from, make a detailed list of all courses and seminars you have attended. Please include detailed course descriptions for the courses you took.
If, due to the corona crisis, you are missing exam results, please submit the transcript you have and add a list of the courses you could not complete.
- Statement of purpose: please write a short statement giving the reasons you wish to enroll in the master's program and why you are applying at the university. State in which field of mathematics your main interest lies, and describe your background in this field. State if you know or are in contact with a member of our faculty.
- Proficiency in English (see language requirements).
- Letter of recommendation: one letter of recommendation is needed for international applicants. Your recommender will be contacted automatically by the system. Please be very attentive when entering the recommender's e-mail address so that the system will be able to successfully contact them.
- Examples of academic work: if available, please send examples of your academic work such as a bachelor thesis or published work. If this work is not written in German or English, please provide an English summary.
- GRE Subject Test in mathematics: it is recommended that applicants with a non-European bachelor of mathematics and applicants with a bachelor's degree in another subject to take the GRE Subject Test in mathematics before applying to our program. To have your GRE Subject Test result sent directly to the office, please use the Designated Institution Code 6301.
For more information please check theCourse Website