- Both semesters
- Mode of admission:
- local admission restriction
- directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree in mathematics or a related subject.
Required ECTS credits: 180.
A relevant degree program has to meet the following requirements:
- At least 16 ECTS in real analysis (differentiation and integration).
- At least 16 ECTS in analytical geometry and linear algebra.
- A total of at least 8 ECTS in the following topics:
- Analysis on manifolds.
- Functional analysis.
- Complex analysis.
- Advanced algebra (group-, ring-, field theory, Galois theory).
- At least 8 ECTS in measure and probability theory.
- At least 8 ECTS in numerical mathematics.
- Further 34 ECTS in mathematics at a level exceeding the above-mentioned courses.
A grade of at least 3,0 on the German scale.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
Application Procedure & Selection
Please note that all documents must be submitted by postal service (not e-mail) as certified hard copies. Please do not submit any original documents.
Documents to be included in the application package:
- Application letter stating which degree program you are applying for plus any other information you think will be helpful.
- Short curriculum vitae briefly describing your education career.
- Copy of your bachelor's degree certificate (original plus translation into German or English).
- Copy of the academic record(s) of your university studies (original plus translation into German or English).
- Language requirements (see language requirements).
Applicants are requested to submit their application packages with all documents as listed further below to the following address:
PD Dr. Hartje Kriete
Fakultät für Mathematik und Informatik
For more information please check theCourse Website