Matter to Life - Focus: Complex Systems and Biological Physics [combined Master's/PhD program at Max Planck School]
- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- local admission restriction
- directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor of Science in chemistry, biochemistry, materials science, molecular systems engineering, physics, molecular cell biology, bioengineering, or a related subject.
Students should be in the top 15% of their bachelor’s class.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
Application documents for applicants with a Bachelor of Science:
- Certificates/Diplomas of all higher education degrees (e.g. BSc, etc.) - if already obtained.
- Proof of current enrollment if a BSc degree is still ongoing (official statement and/or transcript).
- Official transcripts of completed and/or ongoing degrees.
- Curriculum vitae (CV), maximum of 3 pages.
- Letter of motivation (~ 3 pages - specific length requirements for each university program).
- Proof of English language proficiency in the case of non-native English-speaking applicants* (see language requirements).
- GRE Subject Test (from one of the subjects: Biology, Chemistry, Maths, or Physics) - only required for TU Munich#.
- Signed declaration form - only required for Heidelberg University.
There is no fee to submit your application.
* Note: The English language test can be taken and submitted after the application deadline (but no later than July 30th of your program start year).
# Note: The GRE is no longer required for applications to the University of Göttingen and the University of Heidelberg, subject to the approval of the university committees.
For more information please check theCourse Website