Media, Technology and Society
- Both semesters
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor‘s degree (or equivalent) in the fields of Journalism, Communication or Media Science or other programs with an explicit focus on the interaction between technology, media and society.
Minimum standard period of study: 6 semesters for the 4-semester variant, or 7 semesters for the 3-semester variant.
Required ECTS: 180 for the 4-semester variant, or 210 for the 3-semester variant.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
Application procedure international applicants:
Please upload the following documents - officially authenticated copies and sworn translations (due to COVID-19, no certified copies are required) - to uni-assist online.
- Your school leaving certificate. Normally a completed bachelor’s degree is sufficient; however, there are many cases where a secondary school certificate will still play an important role in the evaluation of your entitlement to study in Germany. It is impossible to tell in advance if your secondary school certificate will be required, this can only be determined during the application process. If the secondary school certificate is missing from your application, your application will be rejected.
- Your bachelor’s degree in a related subject from a recognized university. 'Recognized' means that the university must be accredited according to the laws and regulations of the country in which it is based.
- The transcript of records/diploma supplement for all study years (precondition is a full-time study program).
- Copy of your passport.
Please send all application documents related to the artistic entrance examination, including your digital portfolio, to Darmstadt University of Applied Sciences via dataupload.
- A detailed curriculum vitae (table form).
- A letter of motivation (personal statement) indicating your personal interest in this master course (max. 4000 characters incl. blanks).
- An exposé about your intended field of research and development (max. 8000 characters incl. blanks).
- Optional: a portfolio with 3 work samples.
- If available: Proof of special achievements related to the field of study, or civil engagement (awards, outstanding projects, volunteer work etc).
- If available: proof of practical experience (job references, letter of recommendation.
For more information please check theCourse Website