- Both semesters
- Mode of admission:
- without admission restriction
- directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in the field of medical technology with a relevant thesis.
Minimum standard period of study: 3 years.
Required ECTS credits: 180.
Applicants who do not have a degree in the above sense, but who have completed at least three years of professionally qualifying university studies (usually a bachelor's degree) with a scope of at least 180 credit points from an engineering or scientific course related to medical technology, i.e.
- Technically oriented physiotherapy, optometry, biology, biochemistry, bioengineering, Biotechnology, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Applied Physics, Physical technology, nuclear technology, mechanical engineering, mechatronics, microsystems technology, Technomathematics, computer science, process engineering or comparable courses.
Must demonstrate their expertise in medical technology for approval. This includes, among other things:
- a relevant thesis in the field of medical technology, or
- a professional qualification in health sciences, or
- proven professional experience in medical technology of at least two years.
The examination board decides on the comparability, the professional suitability of similar courses, and the scope of possible conditions for admission to the course. The admissions committee also assesses the comparability of the scope and grade of the professional degree.
It's not mandatory, but you won't get any score points during the admission process if you get a lesser GPA than 4.0 in your first professional degree.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
Login or Sign-up (for free) to:
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
- Bachelor's degree.
- Transcript of records.
- Preferences of research topics are to be indicated within the application procedure.
- English and German language proficiency (see language requirements).
For more information please check theCourse Website