- Both semesters
- Mode of admission:
- local admission restriction
- directly at University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in meteorology or in another mathematical/scientific field.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
Your application for admission to the assessment procedure must include the following documents:
- A personal data sheet (cv).
- A copy of your first-degree certificate (your first professionally qualifying university degree); if a first-degree certificate is not yet available, please include your current transcript of records.
- An essay of maximally 1,000 words, in German or English, explaining your interest in and abilities pertinent to the planned master studies, including a detailed description of your academic achievements during the first-degree course. Useful information includes, for example, details on your bachelor’s thesis, such as topic and content, special lectures attended during your first degree studies, and information on the areas you intend to focus on during the planned master’s degree course.
- Applicants whose first-degree course was not taken at a university in a country of the European Union are required to provide verification of their expertise in the form of "Graduate Record Examination (GRE) Scores" in physics or mathematics.
- A completed questionnaire.
Please send your application under the subject: "Master in Meteorology" either by post or e-mail to:
Meteorologisches Institut der Universität München
attn. Barbara Baumann
or via e-mail to:
For more information please check theCourse Website