Mind and Brain
- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- local admission restriction
- directly at University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree in psychology, philosophy, neuroscience, linguistics, biology, cognitive science, or a related subject is required.
At least 60 ECTS (or 30 equivalent credits in the British/American/Australian credit system) on courses that can clearly be defined as one of the aforementioned subjects.
A related subject is a subject that includes assignments in the fields of philosophy, psychology, linguistics, neuroscience, biology or cognitive science, with at least 60 ECTS (or 30 equivalent credits in the British/American/Australian credit system). These assignments must be clearly defined as relating to the aforementioned subjects in the transcript.
If you have not yet fully completed your studies, you must have a transcript showing that no more than 30 ECTS points are missing before completion of studies is possible. If your university doesn't use ECTS points, the university has to issue an informal but official statement confirming when the applicant is expected to complete his/her studies.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Specification: 310 in Speaking and writing and 785 in Listening and reading.
Specification: Min. of 3,0
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
Foreign applicants (i.e., foreign citizens having qualifications gained outside German schools or German universities) must submit the documents listed under (1)–(9) as hard copies to Uni-Assist (see address below). For the "Mind and Brain" program applicants do not need to upload PDFs of these documents.
Please note: Do not send the forms and documents to the Berlin School of Mind and Brain.
- Application form, to be filled in online, printed out and signed. The application form can be downloaded only at the end of the online application procedure with Uni-Assist
- Certified copies of all certificates and corresponding transcripts of records:
secondary school-leaving certificate,
university entrance examination documentation (if applicable),
evidence of study areas and grades obtained in previous studies,
If certified copies are requested by the Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin or Uni-Assist, on no account may simple Xerox copies be provided - in this case the application will not be processed.
Please note: If the original certificates were not drawn up in German or English, applicants must provide:
certified copies of officially certified translations into English or German of applicants’ certificates,
certified copies of the certificates in the original language.
If the language of instruction in your program was neither English nor German the transcript in the original language is required - even if your university provides you with an additional English-language transcript.
- Enrollment certificate (if at the time of application you are a student at a German or European higher education institution), or proof of withdrawal from the register specifying the areas of study (if you have studied at a German or European higher education institution).
- Proof of proficiency in German: Applicants do not have to provide proof of proficiency in German.
- Proof of proficiency in English (see language requirements).
- Complete CV in table form with signature.
- A current passport-sized photo.
- A simple Xerox copy of your passport.
- Payment receipt of the Uni-Assist fee.
Foreign applicants and German applicants with foreign university degrees should send their applications to:
Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin
Please note: All documents must have been submitted in their entirety by the end of the application period. The postmark date will not be considered valid.
For more information please check theCourse Website