Modern Сhina Studiеs
- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- without admission restriction
- directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree in social sciences or humanitiеs.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
Application Procedure & Selection
The application for a study place is made with the application form provided by the Albert-Ludwigs-University for the for admission to the Master of Arts Modern China Studies program. The application form must be completed in full and signed. The application for admission must be accompanied by the following documents:
- A certified copy of the certificate of the first university degree.
- A meaningful overview of the contents of all study and examination achievements of the first university degree University degree (Transcript of Records) as a certified copy.
- Suitable proof of sufficient language skills in a certified copy (see language requirements).
- A certified copy of the certificate of general higher education entrance qualification or of a relevant subject-related higher education entrance qualification or foreign higher education entrance qualification.
- A curriculum vitae in tabular form in English.
- A letter of motivation (Statement of Intent) written in English, one page in length, in which the applicant explains his/her personal reasons for taking up a Master's program in Modern China Studies, and
- A declaration signed by the applicant in German or English stating whether he/she has definitively failed an examination in a Master's, Magister or Diploma program in Chinese Studies or whether he/she has lost his/her examination entitlement.
If the documents required are not written in German, English or French, an officially certified translation in German or English is required. language.
If, at the time of the application deadline, the applicant has already completed his or her university studies in a degree program required but is not yet able to submit a copy of the certificate of completion of studies, it is sufficient to submit a confirmation of the university that this study program has been completed and the overall grade with which this study program has been completed, as well as a certificate of achievement, as well as an overview of achievements with details of individual grades and ECTS credits earned. The certified copy of the certificate of the first university degree is to be be submitted to the Admissions Committee without delay, at the latest, however, at the time of enrollment.
If the applicant has not yet completed his/her university studies by the application deadline, he/she must prove that the admission requirement has probably been met by submitting a certificate from the university stating all the grades and details of ECTS credits earned, as well as a confirmation from the university of the grade of the final thesis or, alternatively, confirmation that the thesis has been sent or at least the registration of the thesis. In this case, admission is granted on the condition that the successful completion of the course of study is proven to the Admissions Committee immediately, at the latest, however, upon enrollment by means of a certified copy of the certificate of the first university degreе.
For more information please check theCourse Website