Molecular Life Sciences: Microbiology, Biotechnology and Biochemistry
- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- local admission restriction
- directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in biosciences or a related field.
Minimum standard period of study: 3 years.
Required ECTS credtis: 180.
Eligibility is defined by at least 125 ECTS in the field of life sciences thereof at least 75 ECTS (about 1800 hours) in biology and at least 30 ECTS (about 750 hours) in mathematics/physics/chemistry/informatics.
If the Bachelor studies are not finished before the end of the application period, eligibility will be assessed based on your current transcript of records (equivalent to at least 150 ECTS).
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Specification: At least B.
Specification: At least C.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
- Application form.
- Diploma. If the diploma is not yet on hand, the applicant should only provide an official transcript of records and an official statement of the average grade.
- Transcript of records.
- Curriculum vitae (datasheet, in German or English) with a photograph (for "Biodiversity, Ecology and Evolution" no photograph is required).
- Proof of proficiency in German and English language (see language requirements).
- Official description of the modules (only for applicants who have not graduated at the University of Göttingen), can also be submitted as a link to the electronic documents.
- Letter of motivation.
- Applicants from China additionally have to supply an APS of the German embassy.
- International applicants to MSc "Molecular Life Sciences: Microbiology, Biotechnology, and Biochemistry" additionally need to submit a GRE subject test Biology result sheet.
The documents should be uploaded via the upload portal.
For more information please check theCourse Website