Molecular Life Sciences
- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- without admission restriction
- directly at University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree in biology, molecular biology, biochemistry, or a similar field.
Minimum standard period of study: 6 semesters.
Required ECTS credits: 180.
Admission to the study program presumes applicants to have the necessary professional qualifications and competencies. This means the applicants must have completed subject-specific courses in one of the fields of study involved, notably in the field of molecular life sciences (e. g. molecular genetics, molecular development biology, molecular cell biology, or similar studies in a related field of study), earning a total of at least 50 credit points (or equivalent achievements), and must provide proof of examinations and assessed coursework from the previous study program for these credit points. In exceptional cases, provisional admission under the condition that certain qualifications must subsequently be acquired is possible.
The bachelor's final grade (CGPA) must be GOOD or higher (2.0 German and US systems).
Applicants whose overall final grade is inferior to 2.0 (according to the German grading system), but at least 2.7 (according to the German grading system, but by international comparison), and who fulfill the requirements for admission particularly well with regard to the wide spectrum of requirements for the study program ‘Molecular Life Sciences’ may be admitted if the letter of motivation and/or curriculum vitae shows a particular aptitude for the said study program. The decision will be taken by the Master's Examinations Committee.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
Applicants must submit the following documentation together with their application for admission:
- Proof of completion of a first university degree qualifying the applicant to work in his/her profession, or proof of their achievements and performance at the time of the application (including proof to have earned at least 120 credit points in the study program qualifying the applicant for the present Masters English translation from the German; the translation is for information only; legally binding is only the German original in its currently applicable version published in the journal of legal notices of the Friedrich Schiller University, the Verkündungsblatt. program or equivalent qualifications).
- Proof to have successfully completed courses relevant to one of the fields of study involved (or equivalent achievements in another field of study) with a total of at least 50 credit points.
- Letter of motivation explaining the reasons for applying to this specific study program.
- A detailed curriculum vitae including additional achievements relevant to the field of study.
- Secondary school leaving certificate.
- Proof of relevant work experience: Should you have obtained subject-specific work experience, you can upload corresponding certificates in order to support your application.
- Proof of subject-specific practical experience: Should you have obtained subject-specific practical experience (e.g. by internships etc.), you can upload corresponding certificates in order to support your application.
Additional application documents for international students:
- Translation of foreign/external application documents: Every mandatory application document from foreign/external countries must also be available in either English OR German translation. Such a translation has to be conducted by officially acknowledged/sworn translators or translation offices.
- Proof of grading system: External/foreign degree certificates/transcripts of records must contain information on the grading system used at the respective university.
- Certificate APS: Applicants with degrees from Mongolia, Vietnam, or China must submit the original APS-certificate issued by the German Embassy.
- University entrance exam: Applicants from the following countries must submit a certificate of their university entrance examination/college entrance examination:
- Iran (College entrance examination certificate or certificate of pre-university course/year).
- Republic of Korea/South Korea: SAT (Scholastic Ability Test).
- People's Republic of China: College entrance examination certificate ("Gaokao").
For more information please check theCourse Website