Nanosciences - Materials, Molecules and Cells
- Winter semester
- Study mode:
- On campus
Prerequisites for admission:
- Holds a bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in biology, chemistry, physics or material sciences, or in a mathematics-natural sciences joint honors bachelor's degree program with a focus on biology, chemistry or physics, or in another appropriate degree subject.
- Holds a comparable qualification from another university abroad; in such a case the equivalence is determined in accordance with the assessment proposals of the Central Office for Foreign Education (ZAB) at the Administrative Office of the Standing Conference of the Ministers of Education and Cultural Affairs (KMK). The decision on whether a degree program is in a suitable subject is made by the selection committee.
- Has not been graded as failed without the option of a retake in a master’s examination or a comparable examination in a comparable subject-related direction at a university, and has not lost the entitlement to take the examination.
- Has not already successfully completed a master’s examination or a comparable examination in a comparable subject-related direction at a university.
- Evidence of at least 80 CP of disciplinary knowledge in the intended major (biology, chemistry or physics) must be provided including a bachelor's thesis in the intended major (biology, chemistry or physics).
- In the intended minor (biology, chemistry or physics) evidence of disciplinary knowledge of 30 CP is required. For biology, this requirement is fulfilled if the candidate has expertise in the areas of biochemistry, biophysics, genetics, microbiology and molecular cell biology. For chemistry, this requirement is fulfilled if the candidate has expertise in the area of general chemistry as well as the foundations of organic and inorganic chemistry. For physics, this requirement is fulfilled if the candidate has expertise in the areas of nuclear and atomic physics, molecular physics and solid-state physics.
Required ECTS credits: 180.
Applicants can also be provisionally admitted even if their bachelor's degree has not yet been completed at the time of application, if at least 150 ECTS credit points have been achieved and if, on the basis of the course of study so far, especially with regard to the examination achievements available so far, it is expected that the degree will have been obtained by the end of the first semester of the master's program at the latest.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
Application Procedure & Selection
For more information please check theCourse Website