Natural Hazards and Risks in Structural Engineering
- Start Dates
- Winter Semester: October
- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- without admission restriction
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in civil engineering or a related field.
The Examination Committee must ensure that the candidate’s prior degree is equivalent to that of the B.Sc. program in Civil Engineering. If not, the Examination Committee may attach additional conditions for admission, which the candidate must meet. In such cases, candidates are not legally entitled to gaining admission to the program.
A final grade of 2.5 (acc. to German system) or better.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Specification: No other component score less than 6.0 is required on the test.
Application & Admission
Login or Sign-up (for free) to:
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
Application Procedure & Selection
You are requested to submit the following application documents:
- A completed "Application Form for Admission to Studies". Include an up-to-date curriculum vitae, including all information up to the time of application.
- A legally certified copy of your upper/higher secondary school diploma or leaving certificate. If national examinations are given in your country, submit also a legally certified copy of the certificate from the "Examining Board" showing subjects are taken and grades earned. If your original documents were not issued in English or German language, please provide in addition to them legally certified English or German translations.
- A legally certified copy of your Bachelor’s degree certificate. If your original document was not issued in English or German language, please provide in addition to it a legally certified English or German translation.
- A legally certified copy of your credit/mark sheets showing clearly subjects taken and grades earned during your Bachelor’s studies. If your original credit/mark sheets were not issued in English or German language, please provide in addition to them a legally certified English or German translations.
- Proof of English language proficiency (see language requirements).
All photocopies of documents that need to be included with your application must be legally certified. Legally certified photocopies of documents can be obtained in Germany from sources like, e.g., city halls, district courts or public notaries. Secondary schools and universities are permitted to make legally certified photocopies of their own documents only. In countries outside Germany, legally certified photocopies may be obtained from the German foreign missions or the respective country’s authorities which are authorized to legally certify photocopies. A photocopy of a legally certified photocopy must always be legalized again. Do not send original documents, since the university cannot be held responsible for the possible loss or damage of such documents.
Please send your application documents directly to:
Department of Study and Education
c/o Johanna Theuerkauf
For more information please check theCourse Website