- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- local admission restriction
- directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) with a major in natural sciences, engineering sciences, mathematics, computer sciences, behavioral sciences or sport sciences. If you have already obtained multiple degrees then it is your first degree that counts.
A first bachelor's degree with at least 100 ECTS in natural sciences, mathematics, computer science, or engineering sciences of which at least 20 ECTS must be in mathematics or physics.
If you have not completed a bachelor's degree yet you can still apply if you meet the following three criteria at the time of application:
- You have already obtained 135 ECTS in total.
- You have already obtained at least 80 ECTS in natural sciences, mathematics, computer science, or engineering sciences of which at least 20 ECTS must be in mathematics or physics.
- You have already submitted your bachelor thesis or you have at least already registered for your bachelor thesis project.
If your application is successful you will still need to demonstrate before enrolment for the MSc Neuroscience that you successfully completed your bachelor's degree and that your degree fulfills the requirements mentioned above and the minimum GPA.
A first bachelor's degree (or equivalent international qualifications) with a final grade of at least 2.5 (according to the German grading system) or a first bachelor's degree with a final grade that ranks among the top 33% across the last 3 years. It is your first degree which counts in case you have obtained multiple degrees already.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
Login or Sign-up (for free) to:
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
Application Procedure & Selection
To apply you need to upload the following documents via the online application portal before the application deadline:
- Your first undergraduate diploma (German, English or French). If your diploma is in a different language please submit a translation in German or English. In case of a translation, please also submit the original diploma. If you have already completed your degree but have not yet received the final degree certificate, you must submit an official document from the University (German or English) which confirms that you have finalized you degree and which states the final grade that you have obtained.
- Your grade transcript (German, English or French) showing all courses taken and grades obtained. In case of a translation (German or English), please also submit the original transcript.
- If you have not yet completed your Bachelor degree you must confirm that you will have finished your Bachelor degree by September 30th (signature on FORM B).
- Proof of English proficiency (see language requirements) in German, English or French, or a translation in German or English.
- Please fill in FORM A to demonstrate that you meet the ECTS requirements. Please read the information sheet provided in the program application page before filling out the form.
- If the final grade of your first Bachelor degree is not 2.5 or better (according to the German grading scheme), you need to provide a document which proofs that your final grade ranks among the top 33% across the last 3 years (German, English or French, or a translation in German or English).
- Curriculum vitae or résumé in English language.
- Letter of motivation (written in English, max. 1 page) describing your motivation to study neuroscience in the MSc Neuroscience program at the University of Freiburg.
- For applicants with a degree from China, Vietnam or Mongolia: certificate of the Akademische Prüfstelle (APS) of the German embassy.
- At last, please sign this statement (FORM B) and submit together with the other application documents.
Please also note that for legal reasons only applications submitted via the online application portal can be accepted. Therefore, applications via email or mail cannot be considered and the deadline can also not be extended by email or any other notification.
For more information please check theCourse Website