North American Studies
- Both semesters
- directly at University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in North American Studies or a closely related subject.
Minimum standard period of study: 6 semesters.
Required ECTS credits: 180.
Provisional access is granted to anyone who has not yet completed a course of study at the time of application, but who has acquired at least 150 credits in a relevant bachelor's degree program or an equivalent degree program.
The prerequisite for the professional relevance of the preliminary study is proof of at least the following achievements:
- Achievements in the field of American Studies [(North) American Studies] totaling at least 50 credit points, or
- Achievements in English philology totaling at least 50 credit points, including achievements in the field of American literary and cultural history or the theory of American literature and culture totaling at least 12 credit points, or
- Achievements in general and comparative literature/comparative studies, in social sciences or in historical sciences totaling at least 50 credit points, including achievements in the field of American research totaling at least 14 credit points.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Specification: At least C.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
The following documents must be enclosed with the application for admission, which must be uploaded to the university server using the online portal:
- The applicant's diploma in German or English translation if the originals are not in English or German; if a certificate of completion is not yet available, a certificate of achievement, credits, and average grade must be submitted.
- A tabular curriculum vitae in German or English with a meaningful description of the educational path.
- Proof of sufficient knowledge of the English language if the applicant's mother tongue is not English (see language requirements).
- Excerpts from the module handbook or other documents that can be used to check the performance.
- A presentation of the motivation to study the chosen course of study with reference to the previous educational path and to special study-related technical or practical knowledge and experience in the scope of max. 2 pages.
- A statement as to whether the applicant has successfully, unsuccessfully, or not yet completed a closely related master's degree.
- An explanation of which module package or which module packages the applicant intends to take based on his or her previous training.
Applications that are not received in full, in due form, or on time are excluded from the further procedure. The submitted documents remain with the university.
If a student makes it believable that he or she is at a disadvantage compared to other applicants due to disability due to the selection process, a suitable disadvantage compensation must be granted by the selection committee upon request.
For more information please check theCourse Website