Ocean and Climate Physics
- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- local admission restriction
- directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in physical oceanography, meteorology, geophysics, physics or an equivalent subject and provides profound knowledge on the physics of the ocean and its role in the climate system.
A mathematical or physics-oriented bachelor's degree can also be accepted, if mathematical and physical courses equivalent to the courses taught in the BSc geophysics/oceanography, amounting to at least 90 CPs in math, physics, numerics and/or fluid dynamics, have been completed. If you have not received your degree certificate yet, you can submit this by the end of the first semester of your master’s program.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
Application Procedure & Selection
Please submit uncertified copies of all documents. For documents not issued in English or German, a certified English translation is required.
- Signed printout of your online application.
- Degree certificate or provisional transcript of records. If you are still studying when you apply and cannot yet provide a final certificate containing your grades, please submit your current transcript of records confirming your provisional grade point average. You will then need to submit your degree certificate by the end of the first semester of your master’s program.
- Higher education entrance eligibility (e.g., Abitur, A-levels).
- Letter of application indicating the reasons for your study request, especially as regards your interest in the subject as well as in scientific further training. Furthermore, a short curriculum vitae including professional experience or internships (if any) which are relevant for the MSc-course as well as a statement regarding your English language skills.
Prof. Dr. Johanna Baehr
Institut für Meereskunde
D-20146 Hamburg, Germany
For more information please check theCourse Website