Organic Agriculture and Food Systems
- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- local admission restriction
- directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in Agricultural Biology, Agronomy, Nutritional Science, Horticulture, Agriculture, Biobased Products and Bioenergy, Environmental Sciences, Wine Business, Viticulture, a bachelor's degree program in which the subject content is at least 50% of a bachelor's degree program in agricultural sciences or one of the bachelor's degree programs mentioned in above, or a bachelor's degree program that demonstrates specific knowledge that is a prerequisite for the program.
Minimum standard period of study: 3 years.
Required ECTS credits: 180.
University degree grade or grade point average of at least 2.5 (good). Applicants can also provide proof that he/she has been within the best 50% of the cohort of the same study program of the university at the point of the final examination which is a requirement of being admitted to this Master’s program (ranking).
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Specification: At least "good".
Specification: At least "good".
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
Application Procedure & Selection
Please upload your documents in PDF format. You do not need to send any document by postal mail.
Before you apply, make sure you have the following documents ready in pdf format:
- Bachelor's Degree Certificate & Transcript of Records in original form, with certified translations into English or German (if issued in another language). In addition to credits and grades earned per course, transcripts must include a grading scale, otherwise, a supplement is to be included.
If you have not graduated yet at the time of applying, you can just upload your current grade list. In case you have studied at the master’s level already you can also include the respective documents here. They cannot replace the bachelor’s documents, they can only be considered additional to your bachelor’s degree.
- Proof of English proficiency (see language requirements).
- University Entrance Qualification (i.e. your secondary school leaving certificate, high school diploma, A-level certificate, etc.) in original form, with certified translations into English or German (if issued in another language). This is needed for statistical purposes only and does not influence your admission to the program.
- Motivation letter written in English, not longer than one page.
- Result of the Eur-Organic online pretest instead of AgEcon online pre-test.
- Ranking or recommendation letter, if additional proof is needed to show that the final grade of your previous degree was actually above average. If your GPA is numerically below average (2.5 on the German scale), then you will need to acquire a ranking document from your university proving that you were in the top half of your class.
- Proof of professional/practical experience in relevant areas, and/or of stays abroad of at least 3 months (optional).
- APS Certificate (Akademische Prüfstelle), only for applicants from India, China, and Vietnam.
For more information please check theCourse Website