Organismic and Molecular Biodiversity
- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- without admission restriction
- directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree in the field of biology or a closely related program of study such as forestry, agricultural ecology, nature conservation and landscape planning, or geoecology.
If, at the time of the application, proof of the first degree that qualifies for a profession cannot yet be provided, applicants will be considered if 80% of the achievable points of the university degree can be proven by a certificate of the university of origin (Examining Office), on the basis of a completed module exam, assignment paper or colloquium.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
Application Procedure & Selection
Please fill out the form in English or German readable on computer and not by hand. Application set should not be stapled. The university can only accept and process complete applications with official certified copies and translations (English or German). Simple copies or copies certified by a notary or lawyer are not sufficient. In case you have some documents that are printed front and back (e.g. WAEC Certificate, Bachelor’s certificate…), please make sure to copy and certify both sides. In case you present copies of study documents (e.g. transcript of records, degree certificate…) please make sure that every page is stamped and signed by the university.
- Application form (AF): please fill out the application form completely and sign it.
- Official certified copy (copies certified by one of German Missions in your country) and official certified translation (by a sworn translator) of your school leaving certificate (university entrance qualification) – applicants from Nigeria, Ghana, Liberia and Gambia also submit a “WAEC or NECO-direct access card” (a scratch card to access WAEC or NECO results online).
- Official certified copy (copies certified by one of German Missions in your country) and official certified translation (by a sworn translator) of your degree (e. g. bachelor certificate) with a transcript of records (overview of marks - also as an official certified copy with an official certified translation by a sworn translator) and diploma supplement (if available) in German or English.
- Proof of your language competence* – it means a special certificate in original (IELTS, TOEFL – not older than two years - or a current English language proficiency submitted directly to us by your university) or as official certified copy (DSH, TestDaF).
- Graduates from a German university: matriculation certificate or de-registration certificate and “Studienverlaufsbescheinigung”.
- Curriculum vitae in English or German.
- Motivation letter with your signature: the university checks how well applicants performed in courses that show a relationship to the topics we teach. The university furthermore expects that the applicants demonstrate a deep interest in the topics covered by the master’s programs and convince them in how they relate the courses covered in their program to their own future career. Therefore, the CV and letter of motivation are especially important in such cases and will be carefully analysed.
- Passport image - please send a colored passport photograph for the campus card.
- Copy of your international passport.
- APS for applicants from Vietnam and Peoples Republic of China.
Please send the application with the required documents (listed above) completely and as early as possible (to have more time to apply for visa) by post/mail directly to the following address:
TU Dresden – IHI Zittau, Frau Scheunig
02763 Zittau, Germany
- There is not any application via uni-assist or online application. Please send complete application directly by post/mail.
- The university only accepts official certified copies and translations.
- The university only process complete applications.
- Please note the deadlines. The inbox counts.
- It is not possible to study at your home country university and TU Dresden at the same time. If you start studying at TU Dresden you need to submit a certificate that you have been taken off the university register in your home country. Otherwise it is not possible to study at TU Dresden.
For more information please check theCourse Website