Peace and Security Studies
- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- local admission restriction
- directly at University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent).
Required ECTS credits: 240.
If you have completed a three-year bachelor’s degree (180 ECTS), you can compensate the missing 60 ECTS by other university studies (e.g. master courses/degree, summer schools, E-learning courses, additional university language courses, etc.) before the deadline specified by the Board of Admissions and Examinations. In this case, it is important to enclose a confirmation from your university that the additionally acquired ECTS have not been counted in the 180 ECTS.
There is also the possibility to receive additional credits for a certain experience upon request. In this case, please enclose a written request to your application. The following achievements may be counted as additional ECTS:
- Job experience relevant to the course.
- Relevant internships connected to the course.
- Advanced training or extra-curricular activities relevant to the course.
Proof of professional experience in the field of peace studies or security policy (only requested if the acquired ECTS in the previous degree does not reach 240).
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
- Application form.
- Curriculum vitae in tabular form.
- Certificate of general qualification for university entrance (e.g. Abitur) or comparable school-leaving qualification.
- Degree from a university or school of applied sciences with proof of at least 240 ECTS.
- Proof of English and German language skills (see language requirements).
- Proof of relevant work experience where available.
- If applicable, additional documentation offering evidence of your particular suitability to this course of study (e.g. letters of recommendation, scholarships or grants).
For more information please check theCourse Website