Philosophy, Politics, and Economics
- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- local admission restriction
- directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in any discipline (that is, an application does not require that the first degree has been in one of the three fields of philosophy, politics, or economics). Intensive introductory courses in philosophy, politics, and economics help all students to ascend to roughly the same academic level in the three disciplines within two semesters.
Minimum standard period of study: 6 semesters.
Required ECTS credits: 180.
Graduates of related 240 ECTS bachelor’s degree programmes may complete the programme in less than two years. For more information, please get in touch with the university at any time.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
You apply via the campus management system UWE. After setting up your personal applicant account, please enter all the required information and upload the following documents:
- Proof of academic qualification (diploma, master, bachelor, state examination), which includes at least 180 ECTS credits or a regular study period of at least six semesters.
- A tabular CV.
- A letter of motivation that addresses the following questions:
- Why do I want to study "Philosophy, politics, and economics" (M.A.)?
- Why would I like to study at Witten/Herdecke University?
- What do I expect from Witten/Herdecke University and what can Witten/Herdecke University expect from me?
- Proof of English proficiency (see language requirements).
If you would like to send further documents, such as internship certificates or evidence of your social, sporting, or political commitment, you can do so by email to [email protected]
For more information please check theCourse Website