Physical Activity and Health
- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- without admission restriction
- directly at University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in one of the following subject fields;
- sports science,
- kinesiology/exercise science,
- rehabilitation science,
- health education,
- health science/public health.
In exceptional cases, students may be accepted to the program if they have completed a comparable degree for example in physical education, psychology, sociology, political science, anthropology, or medicine. Students must provide evidence they have undertaken an equivalent of at least 20 ECTS credit points in the subjects of either sports/physiotherapy/public health or have at least 1-year working experience (full-time) in one of these fields.
Students currently enrolled in a bachelor's program may submit an application once they have completed a minimum of 140 ECTS credit points. A final transcript of records and bachelor certificate must be submitted before enrolment; any acceptance is provisional until final bachelor documents have been received.
Alternatively, professional experience of at least 1 year in the field of sports, physiotherapy or public health.
Minimum final grade point average required for applicants to apply:
- 75% or higher for students from a percentage-based grading system.
- 3.00 or higher for students from a 4-point-scale GPA based system (e.g. USA).
- 2.5 or lower for German students.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
You should send your application documents as one PDF-File by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) directly to the Department of Sport Science and Sport. You will need to submit the following documents in order to apply to the MA program:
- Curriculum vitae/Resume.
- Cover letter (1 to 2 pages) describing your interest/motivation and qualifications to join our program.
- For applicants with a degree from a German academic institution: copies of all degrees from secondary and academic education, including grade records (e.g. transcript of records, Studienbuch) for each degree.
- For applicants with a degree from an international academic institution: certified copies of all degrees from secondary and academic education, including grade records (e.g. transcript of records) for each degree.
- For applicants with degrees in physical education, psychology, sociology, political science, anthropology, or medicine: a list of your previous courses/classes with high relevance for our program. Documentation of 1-year work experience (full-time) in the fields of sports/physiotherapy/public health.
- For non-native English speakers whose BA/MA language of study was NOT English: a minimum level B2 English language certificate (see language requirements).
- For non-native German speakers: if available, German language certificate minimum level A1 (see language requirements).
the University has other campuses --> Tab "University"
For more information please check theCourse Website