Physics Fast Track
- Both semesters
- Mode of admission:
- local admission restriction
- directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in physics.
Minimum standard period of study: 4 years.
Required ECTS credits: 240.
The final grade should be 1,9 or better on the German scale.
Successful applicants possess knowledge and competencies in theoretical and experimental physics as well as in methods of linear algebra and calculus. They have practical experiences in solving multi-faceted problems in physics in a specified period including finding and understanding the relevant scientific literature, project planning, as well as documentation and presentation of the results. In addition, they possess knowledge in experimental techniques as well as computational skills and are used to work in a team.
In particular, successful applicants possess:
- Understanding of the experimental foundations and their mathematical descriptions in the area of classical mechanics, thermodynamics, and transport phenomena of charges, currents, fields, and waves.
- Knowledge in atomic, molecular, and quantum physics, and in particular in condensed matter, nuclear, and particle physics.
- Knowledge and understanding of the foundations, methods, and concepts of theoretical physics in the area of Newtonian and analytical mechanics of point masses, of rigid bodies and continua, as well as thermodynamics, elementary statistics, classical field theory, vector fields, Maxwellian equations, special relativity, and quantum mechanics.
- The ability to apply their knowledge in the aforementioned areas to physics problems independently.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
For more information please check theCourse Website