Physics Fast Track
- Both semesters
- Mode of admission:
- local admission restriction
- directly at University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in physics.
Minimum standard period of study: 4 years.
Required ECTS credits: 240.
Successful applicants possess knowledge and competences in theoretical and experimental physics as well as in methods of linear algebra and calculus. They have practical experiences in solving multi-faceted problems in physics in a specified period including finding and understanding the relevant scientific literature, project planning, as well as documentation and presentation of the results. In addition, they possess knowledge in experimental techniques as well as computational skills and are used to work in a team.
In particular, successful applicants possess:
- Understanding of the experimental foundations and their mathematical descriptions in the area of classical mechanics, of thermodynamics and of transport phenomena of charges, currents, fields, and waves.
- Knowledge in atomic, molecular and quantum physics, and in particular in condensed matter, nuclear and particle physics.
- Knowledge and understanding of the foundations, methods and concepts of theoretical physics in the area of Newtonian and analytical mechanics of point masses, of rigid bodies and continua, as well as thermodynamics, elementary statistics, classical field theory, vector fields, Maxwellian equations, special relativity, and quantum mechanics.
- The ability to apply their knowledge in the aforementioned areas to physics problems independently.
The final grade should be 1,3 or better on the German scale.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
The following documents must be enclosed with the applications:
- Evidence of the existence of the requirements set out in the previous degree field. If the degree or certificate to prove the degree prerequisite is not available by the end of the application period, a preliminary certificate from the university is sufficient, which includes at least the grades of the first seven semesters (corresponding to 210 ECTS credit points) have been received and this includes the promise that the corresponding course of study is expected to be completed by the beginning of the semester for which admission is being sought. These applicants take part in the admission procedure with an average grade, which is determined on the basis of the academic achievements to date.
- A statement as to whether the applicant at a domestic or foreign university in the Master of Science Physics Fast Track course or in courses with essentially the same content has lost the right to take the exam or is in an ongoing examination procedure in one of these courses located.
- A tabular CV.
- Proof of study and examination achievements (e.g. transcript of records).
For more information please check theCourse Website