- Both semesters
- Mode of admission:
- local admission restriction
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in physics. If your studies are not over yet, you should submit an official transcript. On the transcript, at least 2/3 of all the credit points required for a diploma should have been obtained.
Your bachelor's degree must be equivalent to the bachelor's degree in physics of the Freie Universität Berlin.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
Application with a non-German degree:
- Apply online via uni-assist.
- Scan and upload all required documents as color PDF files in the uni-assist application portal "MyAssist". No e-mails, no fax, no postal mail.
- Expect admission notice or rejection notice.
- Graduation certificate with a final grade (if you have completed your studies). If you are applying for a higher subject-specific semester, this document is stringently required.
- Official current transcript of records with a final grade.
- Official transcript of records for the master’s program and a current certificate of enrollment, only when applying for the higher subject-specific semesters.
- If applicable, a current certificate of enrollment, in case you are currently enrolled or have been enrolled at a German university/college after completing your first degree.
- Official translations of all certificates if issued in any language other than German or English, issued by sworn translators only or by an institution being entitled to translations for official purposes.
- Proof of English knowledge, if required for the chosen master’s program (see language requirements).
- Proof of other language knowledge, if required for the chosen master’s program (see language requirements).
- Sufficient knowledge of German, if required for the chosen master’s program (see language requirements).
- If applicable, additional study-related skills, if this is a selection criterion for the desired master’s program (please see the specific regulation on allocation of study placements).
Please check carefully, if you have sent all the required documents with your applicant number via mail to uni-assist in due time. If this is not the case, your application is incomplete and will be excluded from the admission procedure.
For more information please check theCourse Website