- Both semesters
- Mode of admission:
- without admission restriction
- directly at University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in physics, satisfying the following conditions:
- An equivalent of at least 32 ECTS credits in courses in theoretical physics (mechanics, electromagnetism, quantum mechanics, thermodynamics/statistical physics).
- An equivalent of at least 32 ECTS credits in courses in experimental physics (mechanics, thermodynamics, electromagnetism, optics, structure of matter).
- An equivalent of at least 24 ECTS credits in courses in mathematics (analysis, linear algebra).
- An equivalent of at least 18 ECTS credits in physics lab courses (beginners, advanced lab).
- A bachelor's thesis in physics (the equivalent of 10 ECTS credits) or equivalent.
Bachelor’s degrees from non-European countries need to be from 4-year programs. You can apply if you have a 3-year degree and either a graduate diploma or master’s degree (1-2 years).
Admission is not granted if the applicant has lost the "Prüfungsanspruch" (has ultimately failed) in a master's degree program or an equivalent program in physics.
The applicant needs to have a high school diploma (university entrance qualification).
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
The following documents have to be uploaded:
- A certified and (if necessary) translated copy (German or English) of your undergraduate diploma.
- If you have not yet completed your undergraduate studies, a certified transcript of marks is sufficient.
- A certified and (if necessary) translated copy (German or English) of your transcript of marks (transcript of records).
- Certified proof of English proficiency (see language requirements).
- Curriculum vitae or résumé.
- Motivation letter, in which you state the motivation for your application (max. one A4-page).
- APS certificate (for applicants from China, Vietnam, and Mongolia only).
Please send no application documents by regular post mail.
For more information please check theCourse Website