- Both semesters
- directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in Physics or a closely related subject.
The following knowledge is also required:
- Sound knowledge in the following areas of physics (Proof of successful participation in courses with the corresponding content):
- Quantum Mechanics/Atomic Physics.
- Thermodynamics/Statistical Mechanics.
- Basic knowledge of at least one of the following areas of physics (Proof of successful participation in courses with the corresponding content):
- Nuclear/Elementary particle physics.
- Solid state physics.
- In-depth knowledge of the mathematical methods used in physics. These include in particular (Proof of successful participation in courses with the corresponding content):
- Vector analysis.
- Complex analysis.
- Differential equations.
- Linear Algebra.
- Ability to conduct physical experiments (Proof of successful participation in physical internships or technical internships with physical content).
- Practical experience in scientific work (Proof of successful completion of a bachelor thesis or a comparable thesis).
The application can also be made if the bachelor's degree has not yet been completed, but it is very likely that it will be completed before the planned start of the master's degree and this can be proven by appropriate evidencе.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
Application Procedure & Selection
- Bachelor's degree certificate or evidence showing that the degree will most likely take place before the desired admission to the master’s program.
- Proof of sufficient language skills in English (see language requirements).
- Other evidence showing suitability for the master’s degree in physics (e.g. own publications, GRE test results, letters of recommendation) can be attached to the applicatiοn.
For more information please check theCourse Website